Skip to main content
Time is slipping away.

My mind constantly keeps track of what I lose, and of the remains- the memories. It makes me feel old. It makes me feel like- everything is moving so fast around me. And I have to hold on to it. I have to pause everything from moving past me. I have to, for one moment be present. Be here, right now. Not look back, neither forward. Just here, soul and body. Here.

What I feel? Let's just say: I don't feel like labeling memories, nor am I thinking about what life has in store for me. I feel content and the presence of my soul. You know, there's a huge difference between contentment and happiness. When you're happy, your mind is restless, you're thinking every possibilities. You forgive, forget and make your decisions pretty quick. You get extra something. Like an energy, to accomplish something because you're feeling positive about everything. When you're content, your mind is at peace. Doesn't matter for how long, but you can sense your contentment through your soul. Your mind is not restless, you know things could get wrong, but you're not tensed. You know you can handle it. It's a kind of joy that makes you feel the presence of your mind. You're ready for the consequences. You are at content. You're at present.

I know how bored I can get without thinking about the future once in a while. It is stupid not to worry about it since I'm a human. I'm aware. I'm aware that time is passing like liquid leaking from a jar, and because of gravity, it's only dropping, it's never going upwards. Unless you put you palms together underneath and save all you can hold. But you know, you have to be present to do that, you have to put your palms tight, you have to look out for the pouring. You cannot get distracted by how much you already have lost and how much it's coming at you, you just have to look at your hands until they're full. And when they're full, well what do you have to lose?

So yeah. I know how weird it sounds but to me, time is liquid. It slips away. How you consume it is all up to you. 











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

spring is almost here

Hi B,  Season is changing. The hard days are almost over.  The city I live in has turned so beautiful, I get overwhelmed by the beauty.  Tulips are in. Cherry blossoms are blossoming.  Magnolia, Beautiful white flowers, name unknown to me.  Taking a walk out feels like a celebration of life.  It feels like I'm falling in love with the city.  I remember when I first moved here 2 years ago, the excitement and the crippling anxiety of starting a new life from scratch. Now, after 2 years, I feel a warmth and love for the place.  I don't know if I would feel the same when the winter comes though. Seasonal depression is no joke.  My new mantra for life now is to chill.  Praise the nature and find pretty little corners in the city.  Write poems.  Paint, maybe.  Seek positivity.  Love. Be kind to self. No rush. Read books. Just flow.
 Some thoughts. Our old generation glorified selfless acts to the point that they started calling putting themselves first as: 'selfish.'  To a certain period of time, I have also followed this pattern.  I thought taking care of me is selfish.  Where taking care of me is fundamental.  You cannot pour out of a cup, which is empty.  So pour yourself first.   I have to unlearn so many of these toxic patterns because these have made my life only miserable and problematic. I am learning that evolving is crucial for living with inner peace.  These days, I value so much about inner peace.  I'll choose it over others anytime, and it is not selfish. It is in fact for greater good.

long distance again

 I came back from my trip. It was amazing 2 weeks of my life. Seeing him again after so long felt strange yet peaceful. I finally got to be in his arms again. 2 weeks flew by and now I am back home and back to work and normal hustle and bustle of life.  He got an extension offer and decided to stay for another 3 months. It is sad because he was supposed to be back next month. He asked me if he should take it and despite having my heart aching I supported him in the decision. It is not confirmed yet but he probably be staying another 3. Another 5 months of long distance. How am I going to survive the winter by myself? I don't know. Honestly, in my heart, I don't care about how much compensation he be getting. I miss him so much and this long distance thing is killing me inside. Today is Friday night and instead of cuddles and movie, I am home alone. No plans to look forward. No one to talk to. I am the loneliest girl on earth right now. He is probably sleeping and not picking u...