Skip to main content
Mysha and I went to the rooftop while it was raining today. Well barely raining. I made a "This is all you've got?" face at the sky, making through the swing. But the weather wasn't bad and I hated being stuck at home so I didn't mind. And well, Mysha was there so I didn't have any reason to be bored. "The clouds are peeing" I told her. Oh how much I missed being goofy with her, she's like- my soul sister. We share dreams, that always stays within just dreams. Today we were two dreamy girls sitting at our old swing set; looking up the sky, catching raindrops in the eye and laughing like fools.

If all else fails (Meaning if I fail to get into a decent varsity and be jobless) I'd be a youtuber and she'd be my co-worker, and we'll make awesome videos and people will subscribe. we're not gonna be like naila naeem I assure you that, we'd be the decent kinds. And we even thought about what kind of videos we'll post...Mysha has the make-up fever and I'm kinda fond of filming so...and Anika, Anisha would love to be our lab rats. We haven't settled on any genres yet. We'll use our talents. ;) We kept dreaming about this whole afternoon, dreaming that we'd use that "youtube money" and someday go for a world tour together...dream after dream. We just can't stop.

Last night I got myself into my previous addiction of doing nothing. Well not nothing, I watched a whole season of junior masterchef 3 and I was craving for a midnight snack. Everyone was asleep so I had to find something on my own. I ended up mixing chanachur with BBQ sauce and it didn't taste bad as I was watching mini chefs making pasta and pies and oh my so delicious foods. Until Gordon and all the judges challenged them to cook deadly animals like snakes, alligator and snappy turtle. And there goes my appetite.  But even a piece of alligator's meat looks delicious on master chef. How do they cook so elegantly! I cooked pasta  today and I destroyed the whole flavor. I wonder how those 8-eleven year olds do it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

spring is almost here

Hi B,  Season is changing. The hard days are almost over.  The city I live in has turned so beautiful, I get overwhelmed by the beauty.  Tulips are in. Cherry blossoms are blossoming.  Magnolia, Beautiful white flowers, name unknown to me.  Taking a walk out feels like a celebration of life.  It feels like I'm falling in love with the city.  I remember when I first moved here 2 years ago, the excitement and the crippling anxiety of starting a new life from scratch. Now, after 2 years, I feel a warmth and love for the place.  I don't know if I would feel the same when the winter comes though. Seasonal depression is no joke.  My new mantra for life now is to chill.  Praise the nature and find pretty little corners in the city.  Write poems.  Paint, maybe.  Seek positivity.  Love. Be kind to self. No rush. Read books. Just flow.
 Some thoughts. Our old generation glorified selfless acts to the point that they started calling putting themselves first as: 'selfish.'  To a certain period of time, I have also followed this pattern.  I thought taking care of me is selfish.  Where taking care of me is fundamental.  You cannot pour out of a cup, which is empty.  So pour yourself first.   I have to unlearn so many of these toxic patterns because these have made my life only miserable and problematic. I am learning that evolving is crucial for living with inner peace.  These days, I value so much about inner peace.  I'll choose it over others anytime, and it is not selfish. It is in fact for greater good.

long distance again

 I came back from my trip. It was amazing 2 weeks of my life. Seeing him again after so long felt strange yet peaceful. I finally got to be in his arms again. 2 weeks flew by and now I am back home and back to work and normal hustle and bustle of life.  He got an extension offer and decided to stay for another 3 months. It is sad because he was supposed to be back next month. He asked me if he should take it and despite having my heart aching I supported him in the decision. It is not confirmed yet but he probably be staying another 3. Another 5 months of long distance. How am I going to survive the winter by myself? I don't know. Honestly, in my heart, I don't care about how much compensation he be getting. I miss him so much and this long distance thing is killing me inside. Today is Friday night and instead of cuddles and movie, I am home alone. No plans to look forward. No one to talk to. I am the loneliest girl on earth right now. He is probably sleeping and not picking u...