Skip to main content

Confession #20


So I was chatting with my friend Ann. We were talking about Jamie Dornan, newest celeb crush, who’s been the leading actor- Christian Grey;  on Fifty Shades of Grey movie.  Okay so Ann uploaded a photo of him, very cute looking. And it appeared on my newsfeed. My mom was passing by the pc and her eyes stuck on the screen, at his photo. I assumed she was observing my newsfeed and I peeked at her and she narrow-eyed me! Obviously, I could read her mind. And I was like- I wish he were my boyfriend, Ma! Nothing I’d ever want so bad.
My ammu is impossible. She thinks I flirt with foreigners through the internet. I set Dean’s wallpaper on my phone, so one day it appeared before her and she was like- “Who’s that guy on your mobile?!” Areh. Do you seriously think that a girl like me could ever get a guy like that? And for god’s sake, will you stop suspecting them as my boyfriends? They are celebs, Ma.
She’s a real pain in the ass at times you know. So I had this Robi tele service on my mobile which used to send me messages about offers or talk time bonuses. One day my cell phone beeped  and I was kind of with my mother at the moment. Oh she bothered to look at my phone screen and peeked at me suspiciously as she always did. “Who’s Robi?” God, she was so busy doubting on me that she didn’t realize it was a service text, and not from my boyfriend for heaven’s sake. I have no boyfriend. I hardly talked to boys my age. Can you believe her remarks?
Sometimes I don’t get any clue how to react on this. Really.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

spring is almost here

Hi B,  Season is changing. The hard days are almost over.  The city I live in has turned so beautiful, I get overwhelmed by the beauty.  Tulips are in. Cherry blossoms are blossoming.  Magnolia, Beautiful white flowers, name unknown to me.  Taking a walk out feels like a celebration of life.  It feels like I'm falling in love with the city.  I remember when I first moved here 2 years ago, the excitement and the crippling anxiety of starting a new life from scratch. Now, after 2 years, I feel a warmth and love for the place.  I don't know if I would feel the same when the winter comes though. Seasonal depression is no joke.  My new mantra for life now is to chill.  Praise the nature and find pretty little corners in the city.  Write poems.  Paint, maybe.  Seek positivity.  Love. Be kind to self. No rush. Read books. Just flow.
 Some thoughts. Our old generation glorified selfless acts to the point that they started calling putting themselves first as: 'selfish.'  To a certain period of time, I have also followed this pattern.  I thought taking care of me is selfish.  Where taking care of me is fundamental.  You cannot pour out of a cup, which is empty.  So pour yourself first.   I have to unlearn so many of these toxic patterns because these have made my life only miserable and problematic. I am learning that evolving is crucial for living with inner peace.  These days, I value so much about inner peace.  I'll choose it over others anytime, and it is not selfish. It is in fact for greater good.

long distance again

 I came back from my trip. It was amazing 2 weeks of my life. Seeing him again after so long felt strange yet peaceful. I finally got to be in his arms again. 2 weeks flew by and now I am back home and back to work and normal hustle and bustle of life.  He got an extension offer and decided to stay for another 3 months. It is sad because he was supposed to be back next month. He asked me if he should take it and despite having my heart aching I supported him in the decision. It is not confirmed yet but he probably be staying another 3. Another 5 months of long distance. How am I going to survive the winter by myself? I don't know. Honestly, in my heart, I don't care about how much compensation he be getting. I miss him so much and this long distance thing is killing me inside. Today is Friday night and instead of cuddles and movie, I am home alone. No plans to look forward. No one to talk to. I am the loneliest girl on earth right now. He is probably sleeping and not picking u...