Skip to main content
Waiting desperately for a new beginning.

2015. A remarkable year for me. Unlike every year, this year has actually made me realize how the world is out there. How to act in a grown up way no matter how much childlike nature I have inside of me. I think every person has a child inside of them, that's why people say- "Act grownup." It's all an act, keeping the mind in illusion. Pretending you're worthy to be called an adult, taking responsibilities and fulfilling them.

 How much I have to learn. No there's no measurement there. It's all about how much you can gain, not about how much is there. And I am up for it. I will let myself free off the boundaries and image. I will embarrass myself until I get to the point where I can completely be myself. This is almost the end of the year, the time to reflect.

I think God wants you to face your insecurities and your biggest ones. Because once you do it, you get courage. And it's a great reward. I am not anti-social, I just get anxious in front of people, mostly strangers. And from next year I'll be doing BBA. I'll be facing lot of challenges and I have to be outspoken if I want to succeed. I have to be the opposite side of me. And it's going to be stressful. Because being in front public and giving presentation is like my worst nightmare. I have panic attacks whenever I am about to give speech of any kind. This is like thinking outside of the box for me. I am in the process of taking all in and be confident about it.

This new year, I pledge to be confident. I pledge I will be awesome at whatever I do. I will sort my life out like I sort my files. Life is an assignment for me now. And I am excited to get at it.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

spring is almost here

Hi B,  Season is changing. The hard days are almost over.  The city I live in has turned so beautiful, I get overwhelmed by the beauty.  Tulips are in. Cherry blossoms are blossoming.  Magnolia, Beautiful white flowers, name unknown to me.  Taking a walk out feels like a celebration of life.  It feels like I'm falling in love with the city.  I remember when I first moved here 2 years ago, the excitement and the crippling anxiety of starting a new life from scratch. Now, after 2 years, I feel a warmth and love for the place.  I don't know if I would feel the same when the winter comes though. Seasonal depression is no joke.  My new mantra for life now is to chill.  Praise the nature and find pretty little corners in the city.  Write poems.  Paint, maybe.  Seek positivity.  Love. Be kind to self. No rush. Read books. Just flow.
 Some thoughts. Our old generation glorified selfless acts to the point that they started calling putting themselves first as: 'selfish.'  To a certain period of time, I have also followed this pattern.  I thought taking care of me is selfish.  Where taking care of me is fundamental.  You cannot pour out of a cup, which is empty.  So pour yourself first.   I have to unlearn so many of these toxic patterns because these have made my life only miserable and problematic. I am learning that evolving is crucial for living with inner peace.  These days, I value so much about inner peace.  I'll choose it over others anytime, and it is not selfish. It is in fact for greater good.

long distance again

 I came back from my trip. It was amazing 2 weeks of my life. Seeing him again after so long felt strange yet peaceful. I finally got to be in his arms again. 2 weeks flew by and now I am back home and back to work and normal hustle and bustle of life.  He got an extension offer and decided to stay for another 3 months. It is sad because he was supposed to be back next month. He asked me if he should take it and despite having my heart aching I supported him in the decision. It is not confirmed yet but he probably be staying another 3. Another 5 months of long distance. How am I going to survive the winter by myself? I don't know. Honestly, in my heart, I don't care about how much compensation he be getting. I miss him so much and this long distance thing is killing me inside. Today is Friday night and instead of cuddles and movie, I am home alone. No plans to look forward. No one to talk to. I am the loneliest girl on earth right now. He is probably sleeping and not picking u...