Skip to main content
Body shaming should be made illegal. It should not be a topic of interest. Tho I might have something to say against this subject...It's more effective and vulgar when a person is self-shamed. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks of you, it matters how you take it. It just creates a brand new perspective of seeing yourself.

Let's just reflect on a personal story. When I was a toddler, I was picky in food. Not because I was conscious of my body or anything, I was just being a kid. I ate only what gave me pleasure to the tongue and I never felt hungry enough to have a heavy meal. Because I was always depended on my mother for the food department. I never even thought a bit about nutrition or anything related to the body. Everything came to the taste. And that I guess was legit because I was just a kid. So I grew as the skinniest girl in my family, my siblings were healthy but I was often teased why am I so indifferent toward food. I was often forced to eat a egg, boiled to perfection and I even remember crying and screaming to open my mouth and my father used to force me through my stubbornness to swallow the whole egg with water. Years passed by, I was still teased for my slow growth because I didn't eat enough. Then after the day I had my first period, when my body started to change, I started to change too. I started to eat enough, and some days enough didn't suffice. My family also started to treat me with equal alacrity toward me, praised me whenever I took rice second time, I wasn't short and skinny anymore. I started having belly fat, I was happy. No one could understand how happy I was standing equal to my siblings, not the skinny child anymore.

I had my curves at 14/15 maybe. My aunts were always in awe of me. My beauty was talked of, I was given compliments for my skin, my curly soft hair, the healthy glow, my waist even ! All were done by my aunts, aunts from America, Aunts in here, I started having feminine feelings, which sounds weird in every way, but sorry I can't put it any other way. I never felt so attractive. My mom and dad were worried that something might happen to me whenever anyone complimented me. And then it happened, I had pox, it left scars on my face. Then that year, I fell sick frequently...And I started having breakouts in my skin, acne spots, depression and insecurity increased.

It's not until this year, I started to become chubby. Maybe of some hormonal imbalance or stress eating. Whenever I look at the mirror, I get depressed of my skin, whenever I feel my belly fat, I get frustrated and skip dinner. Then binge in the morning. Or sleep for a long time to the noon to skip breakfast as well. I never shared this with my family but now I think it's time to come clean. I am always perplexed in my diet. I don't have a healthy diet and this body shaming has derived me gaining confidence and self-sufficiency. People will not praise you everyday. You have to accept that. Your body is your  greatest gift. Let nobody tell you how it should be measured. Your beauty is going to fade but you'll always have your body till you die....I made a fool out of myself fasting today, I was so determined to terminate some fat that I tormented my own body into believing that once I lose some fat, I'll be happy. But the truth is I'll never be happy with what I have. I'll always look up to others. So it is rational only to accept that I have become chubby and there's no unhealthy way to overcoming it. You just have to eat and accept your body as it is. Don't keep yourself from nutritions. That will only give you shivers and insecurities.

So love yourself a great deal, accept all the imperfections, Literally hug your chubby stomach. If you have it flat, return to your zainamaz and pray a nafal rakyat of the wakt.














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

spring is almost here

Hi B,  Season is changing. The hard days are almost over.  The city I live in has turned so beautiful, I get overwhelmed by the beauty.  Tulips are in. Cherry blossoms are blossoming.  Magnolia, Beautiful white flowers, name unknown to me.  Taking a walk out feels like a celebration of life.  It feels like I'm falling in love with the city.  I remember when I first moved here 2 years ago, the excitement and the crippling anxiety of starting a new life from scratch. Now, after 2 years, I feel a warmth and love for the place.  I don't know if I would feel the same when the winter comes though. Seasonal depression is no joke.  My new mantra for life now is to chill.  Praise the nature and find pretty little corners in the city.  Write poems.  Paint, maybe.  Seek positivity.  Love. Be kind to self. No rush. Read books. Just flow.
 Some thoughts. Our old generation glorified selfless acts to the point that they started calling putting themselves first as: 'selfish.'  To a certain period of time, I have also followed this pattern.  I thought taking care of me is selfish.  Where taking care of me is fundamental.  You cannot pour out of a cup, which is empty.  So pour yourself first.   I have to unlearn so many of these toxic patterns because these have made my life only miserable and problematic. I am learning that evolving is crucial for living with inner peace.  These days, I value so much about inner peace.  I'll choose it over others anytime, and it is not selfish. It is in fact for greater good.

long distance again

 I came back from my trip. It was amazing 2 weeks of my life. Seeing him again after so long felt strange yet peaceful. I finally got to be in his arms again. 2 weeks flew by and now I am back home and back to work and normal hustle and bustle of life.  He got an extension offer and decided to stay for another 3 months. It is sad because he was supposed to be back next month. He asked me if he should take it and despite having my heart aching I supported him in the decision. It is not confirmed yet but he probably be staying another 3. Another 5 months of long distance. How am I going to survive the winter by myself? I don't know. Honestly, in my heart, I don't care about how much compensation he be getting. I miss him so much and this long distance thing is killing me inside. Today is Friday night and instead of cuddles and movie, I am home alone. No plans to look forward. No one to talk to. I am the loneliest girl on earth right now. He is probably sleeping and not picking u...