Skip to main content
I figured out what the problem is. I am sick of everybody pointing fingers at me and my family. I would understand if they were perfect in their lives. They judge us like they are oh-so-perfect and doing everything the right way possible.

They have this ego which we lack in. I am brought up in such family that I hardly show off my feelings. My parents are emotional and their intentions are always concise. We don't trick people, we certainly don't let them down. My parents are protective of me and I respect that. Because I know how much they care for me. But I am sick of every one of them who thinks there's something wrong with me, my sister or my brother or my parents. We are raised with love and care and my dad has always been kind. But let me be precise. Why am I so upset with my aunties and cousins. They don't understand how hurtful their comments are toward us.

Yesterday I went to my cousin's house and all I could see was they were all united in shading my family. Often I have to hear how my brother is acting weird, how their side of cousins are all awesome and perfect, how my sister is married with a man who's economical, how I lied one time, how my parents are being protective, how I don't have any feelings toward Anika and mysha and everyone. I hated every moment they were being like that. One thing is clear tho. They're all the same and we're different. We don't speak ill of people, we don't correct anyone and we don't have such ego to rub around their eyes so they like us. They will never like us and every time we meet them they will point us out what's wrong with us. And so I don't blame anyone, they have a mindset we don't match. It's okay.


It's not that I don't like them. I like them very much. And so it hurts. It hurts because I know my father, I know my mother, I know my siblings in a way they will never know. And we're doing great. We don't need any life advice.

Having a soft heart in a cruel world is courage, not weakness. I will fight from now. I will fight for what I know is to be true. My brother is a talented introvert. My sister is brave and down to earth, My mother is loud, funny and youthful and my father has a magnificent kind heart. And me? I am interesting, mysterious, bubbly, fun, sentimental, quirky and kinda unpredictable. I don't give a fuck what anybody thinks about us. They don't have the awesomeness to see how awesome we are.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

spring is almost here

Hi B,  Season is changing. The hard days are almost over.  The city I live in has turned so beautiful, I get overwhelmed by the beauty.  Tulips are in. Cherry blossoms are blossoming.  Magnolia, Beautiful white flowers, name unknown to me.  Taking a walk out feels like a celebration of life.  It feels like I'm falling in love with the city.  I remember when I first moved here 2 years ago, the excitement and the crippling anxiety of starting a new life from scratch. Now, after 2 years, I feel a warmth and love for the place.  I don't know if I would feel the same when the winter comes though. Seasonal depression is no joke.  My new mantra for life now is to chill.  Praise the nature and find pretty little corners in the city.  Write poems.  Paint, maybe.  Seek positivity.  Love. Be kind to self. No rush. Read books. Just flow.
 Some thoughts. Our old generation glorified selfless acts to the point that they started calling putting themselves first as: 'selfish.'  To a certain period of time, I have also followed this pattern.  I thought taking care of me is selfish.  Where taking care of me is fundamental.  You cannot pour out of a cup, which is empty.  So pour yourself first.   I have to unlearn so many of these toxic patterns because these have made my life only miserable and problematic. I am learning that evolving is crucial for living with inner peace.  These days, I value so much about inner peace.  I'll choose it over others anytime, and it is not selfish. It is in fact for greater good.

long distance again

 I came back from my trip. It was amazing 2 weeks of my life. Seeing him again after so long felt strange yet peaceful. I finally got to be in his arms again. 2 weeks flew by and now I am back home and back to work and normal hustle and bustle of life.  He got an extension offer and decided to stay for another 3 months. It is sad because he was supposed to be back next month. He asked me if he should take it and despite having my heart aching I supported him in the decision. It is not confirmed yet but he probably be staying another 3. Another 5 months of long distance. How am I going to survive the winter by myself? I don't know. Honestly, in my heart, I don't care about how much compensation he be getting. I miss him so much and this long distance thing is killing me inside. Today is Friday night and instead of cuddles and movie, I am home alone. No plans to look forward. No one to talk to. I am the loneliest girl on earth right now. He is probably sleeping and not picking u...