Skip to main content

Eat,Pray,Love


 So I've been reading this book, here's this part about Italians, how they enjoy doing nothing and Oh my god I can totally relate it. My actual goal in life is to achieve  so much that I will need not to do anything. Just relax and enjoy doing nothing-That's actually my ideal goal to every work.


 Americans don’t really know how to do nothing. This is the cause of that great sad American stereotype—the overstressed executive who goes on vacation, but who cannot relax.
 I once asked Luca Spaghetti if Italians on vacation have that same problem. He laughed
so hard he almost drove his motorbike into a fountain.
“Oh, no!” he said. “We are the masters of bel far niente.”
This is a sweet expression. Bel far niente means “the beauty of doing nothing.” Now
listen—Italians have traditionally always been hard workers, especially those long-suffering
laborers known as braccianti (so called because they had nothing but the brute strength of
their arms—braccie—to help them survive in this world). But even against that backdrop of
hard work, bel far niente has always been a cherished Italian ideal. The beauty of doing nothing is the goal of all your work, the final accomplishment for which you are most highly congratulated. The more exquisitely and delightfully you can do nothing, the higher your life’s
achievement. You don’t necessarily need to be rich in order to experience this, either. There’s
another wonderful Italian expression: l’arte d’arrangiarsi—the art of making something out of
nothing. The art of turning a few simple ingredients into a feast, or a few gathered friends into
a festival. Anyone with a talent for happiness can do this, not only the rich.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

 Some thoughts. Our old generation glorified selfless acts to the point that they started calling putting themselves first as: 'selfish.'  To a certain period of time, I have also followed this pattern.  I thought taking care of me is selfish.  Where taking care of me is fundamental.  You cannot pour out of a cup, which is empty.  So pour yourself first.   I have to unlearn so many of these toxic patterns because these have made my life only miserable and problematic. I am learning that evolving is crucial for living with inner peace.  These days, I value so much about inner peace.  I'll choose it over others anytime, and it is not selfish. It is in fact for greater good.

spring is almost here

Hi B,  Season is changing. The hard days are almost over.  The city I live in has turned so beautiful, I get overwhelmed by the beauty.  Tulips are in. Cherry blossoms are blossoming.  Magnolia, Beautiful white flowers, name unknown to me.  Taking a walk out feels like a celebration of life.  It feels like I'm falling in love with the city.  I remember when I first moved here 2 years ago, the excitement and the crippling anxiety of starting a new life from scratch. Now, after 2 years, I feel a warmth and love for the place.  I don't know if I would feel the same when the winter comes though. Seasonal depression is no joke.  My new mantra for life now is to chill.  Praise the nature and find pretty little corners in the city.  Write poems.  Paint, maybe.  Seek positivity.  Love. Be kind to self. No rush. Read books. Just flow.

long distance again

 I came back from my trip. It was amazing 2 weeks of my life. Seeing him again after so long felt strange yet peaceful. I finally got to be in his arms again. 2 weeks flew by and now I am back home and back to work and normal hustle and bustle of life.  He got an extension offer and decided to stay for another 3 months. It is sad because he was supposed to be back next month. He asked me if he should take it and despite having my heart aching I supported him in the decision. It is not confirmed yet but he probably be staying another 3. Another 5 months of long distance. How am I going to survive the winter by myself? I don't know. Honestly, in my heart, I don't care about how much compensation he be getting. I miss him so much and this long distance thing is killing me inside. Today is Friday night and instead of cuddles and movie, I am home alone. No plans to look forward. No one to talk to. I am the loneliest girl on earth right now. He is probably sleeping and not picking u...