Skip to main content
sick and tired of being sick and tired.

When you're the only person in your house not fasting, you have to taste every item prepared for iftar, check and tell your mom based on just one bite,if it's bitter/sweet/too salty/too spicy/yummy/ick/not food worthy etc. etc. My mom should join the top chef. Those judges tell the truth. I barely get cooking.

Anyway, since tasting food has become kind of a routine now, I've to worry about my baby fat no more, because now I have others to whine about- Turns out I have double chin! It shows up whenever I face down. I can tolerate fat on almost anywhere in my body(not so the belly fat) But fat on my chin!? I tend to bury it! It is way over my tolerance.
Everything is falling apart.

So I am fasting from today, no more food tasting, or anything that involves food. Seriously that's my diet.

I should go sleep now. The sehri is done and everyone (That includes api and rhivu bhaiya-they stayed over tonight:) in the house sleeping and I am the only one awake in the dark...Things are getting spooky outta here...I can hear footsteps, Some sick bird is awake too, like me, and it's chirping. Such weird sound, Maybe it's a baby bird just learning to chirp. Or it could be a vampire. Or some genie in form of a bird. Wait. now it's gone all silent. Maybe it has got tired like me and stopped chirping like a weirdo and fell asleep on the tree. Owp. There it is. Trying to figure out its sound. Seriously what time is it? Almost 5 am and no one is awake than just one sick bird and me? The world could end you know, and no one is awake to acknowledge that, what if God decides to end everything right now. This minute? Me and sick birdie will know. Because we're both sleepless and sick.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

spring is almost here

Hi B,  Season is changing. The hard days are almost over.  The city I live in has turned so beautiful, I get overwhelmed by the beauty.  Tulips are in. Cherry blossoms are blossoming.  Magnolia, Beautiful white flowers, name unknown to me.  Taking a walk out feels like a celebration of life.  It feels like I'm falling in love with the city.  I remember when I first moved here 2 years ago, the excitement and the crippling anxiety of starting a new life from scratch. Now, after 2 years, I feel a warmth and love for the place.  I don't know if I would feel the same when the winter comes though. Seasonal depression is no joke.  My new mantra for life now is to chill.  Praise the nature and find pretty little corners in the city.  Write poems.  Paint, maybe.  Seek positivity.  Love. Be kind to self. No rush. Read books. Just flow.
 Some thoughts. Our old generation glorified selfless acts to the point that they started calling putting themselves first as: 'selfish.'  To a certain period of time, I have also followed this pattern.  I thought taking care of me is selfish.  Where taking care of me is fundamental.  You cannot pour out of a cup, which is empty.  So pour yourself first.   I have to unlearn so many of these toxic patterns because these have made my life only miserable and problematic. I am learning that evolving is crucial for living with inner peace.  These days, I value so much about inner peace.  I'll choose it over others anytime, and it is not selfish. It is in fact for greater good.

long distance again

 I came back from my trip. It was amazing 2 weeks of my life. Seeing him again after so long felt strange yet peaceful. I finally got to be in his arms again. 2 weeks flew by and now I am back home and back to work and normal hustle and bustle of life.  He got an extension offer and decided to stay for another 3 months. It is sad because he was supposed to be back next month. He asked me if he should take it and despite having my heart aching I supported him in the decision. It is not confirmed yet but he probably be staying another 3. Another 5 months of long distance. How am I going to survive the winter by myself? I don't know. Honestly, in my heart, I don't care about how much compensation he be getting. I miss him so much and this long distance thing is killing me inside. Today is Friday night and instead of cuddles and movie, I am home alone. No plans to look forward. No one to talk to. I am the loneliest girl on earth right now. He is probably sleeping and not picking u...