I am late on my period and that is causing me a roller coaster of emotions and tiredness. Too much information? Well. I am bored I don't know what else to talk about. I might include this. Today I finished reading Harry Potter and the philosopher's stone...I have been hung up on this book for almost half a year. Because of the semester exams I couldn't get into it. But today I was determined to finish....It is true, this book is purely imaginative, J.K Rowling has a really nice touch on fantasy novels like this. And I like how she used all the popular myths/conceptions, so I didn't need to do any web search. I just knew and portrayed what she was talking about in the book...Also I have watched the movie numerous times, so it was like re-watching it with mind. I liked it. I may move on to the next book tonight.
Some thoughts. Our old generation glorified selfless acts to the point that they started calling putting themselves first as: 'selfish.' To a certain period of time, I have also followed this pattern. I thought taking care of me is selfish. Where taking care of me is fundamental. You cannot pour out of a cup, which is empty. So pour yourself first. I have to unlearn so many of these toxic patterns because these have made my life only miserable and problematic. I am learning that evolving is crucial for living with inner peace. These days, I value so much about inner peace. I'll choose it over others anytime, and it is not selfish. It is in fact for greater good.
Comments
Post a Comment