Skip to main content
I forgot being hopeful.
I forgot dreaming for a better world.
I literally stopped hoping.
Worrying myself about the worst things that could happen.
I don't know when it started.
Maybe the day, my father said, he left his job because his colleagues conspired against him and he didn't get promotion. Maybe from that day, I felt my ground shaking a little. From that day, I felt unsafe, though my father never made me feel any crisis. I felt guilty for every lavish spending I did. I felt a huge lump on the back of my throat every time I did bad in the exams. Because I knew, if I don't get chance in public university, my father will suffer badly. Yet I didn't make anything easy for him. I didn't get admission to any public and here I am in my sixth semester in a private uni with huge expense and no scholarship. It must be hard for him to go to office everyday, at this age. So he could pay mine and my brother's tuition fees. I don't know how he does it what he does. Being in this constant pressure to earn for our family by himself. It must be difficult. Yet he never makes me feel any crisis. He does it selflessly. Without any complaints.

Yet I am such a whiny little animal. I feel unsafe. I feel like, I can't do anything right. I want to serve my father and my mother and my brother but I feel like, I am so clumsy in everything. I am so immature. I can't survive if anything happens to my father. I can't even imagine what I'd do if my father gets sick. I can't save him. I don't know how to save him. He is aging, and I can't stop time.

I guess it started that day. When he quit his job. I felt like. We are in a boat in the middle of an ocean, and only my father knows how to raft and guide us. God forbid if something happens to him. I don't know what I'd do....I am so clueless. And I am so scared. Nobody thinks I can do anything right. My mother sees me as a burden. My brother, well I don't think he thinks anything real anymore. But I bet he is scared too.
Because my father is an intrinsic part of his life, and to all of us. He is...He is the backbone of this family.He is everything. I cry because it is scary. When everything. Everything is cored down to this one person who won't be here forever.

I feel unsafe and hopeless because, he took all the responsibilities, All of them. I want him to lean on me I so want him to finally enjoy and relax because he's been working his whole life. Everytime I see him go to work I feel guilty that he has to do it and I get to sit around waste all my energy all day.

Only if I could do something meaningful, I would have faith in myself and I wouldn't feel so hopeless and intimidated by life.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

spring is almost here

Hi B,  Season is changing. The hard days are almost over.  The city I live in has turned so beautiful, I get overwhelmed by the beauty.  Tulips are in. Cherry blossoms are blossoming.  Magnolia, Beautiful white flowers, name unknown to me.  Taking a walk out feels like a celebration of life.  It feels like I'm falling in love with the city.  I remember when I first moved here 2 years ago, the excitement and the crippling anxiety of starting a new life from scratch. Now, after 2 years, I feel a warmth and love for the place.  I don't know if I would feel the same when the winter comes though. Seasonal depression is no joke.  My new mantra for life now is to chill.  Praise the nature and find pretty little corners in the city.  Write poems.  Paint, maybe.  Seek positivity.  Love. Be kind to self. No rush. Read books. Just flow.
 Some thoughts. Our old generation glorified selfless acts to the point that they started calling putting themselves first as: 'selfish.'  To a certain period of time, I have also followed this pattern.  I thought taking care of me is selfish.  Where taking care of me is fundamental.  You cannot pour out of a cup, which is empty.  So pour yourself first.   I have to unlearn so many of these toxic patterns because these have made my life only miserable and problematic. I am learning that evolving is crucial for living with inner peace.  These days, I value so much about inner peace.  I'll choose it over others anytime, and it is not selfish. It is in fact for greater good.

long distance again

 I came back from my trip. It was amazing 2 weeks of my life. Seeing him again after so long felt strange yet peaceful. I finally got to be in his arms again. 2 weeks flew by and now I am back home and back to work and normal hustle and bustle of life.  He got an extension offer and decided to stay for another 3 months. It is sad because he was supposed to be back next month. He asked me if he should take it and despite having my heart aching I supported him in the decision. It is not confirmed yet but he probably be staying another 3. Another 5 months of long distance. How am I going to survive the winter by myself? I don't know. Honestly, in my heart, I don't care about how much compensation he be getting. I miss him so much and this long distance thing is killing me inside. Today is Friday night and instead of cuddles and movie, I am home alone. No plans to look forward. No one to talk to. I am the loneliest girl on earth right now. He is probably sleeping and not picking u...