Skip to main content
I've been waiting for this for months. My grandma went to her sisters to stay a couple days and I just got my room to myself first time in two months. So much privacy! I've missed this so much. So much!

The reason I am sounding like a selfish grand-daughter is that, I love being alone in my room. I sometimes need expert's advice. And so I talk to myself...in American accent. Sometimes in Indian. What would my grandma think if she were here? She would probably think I've gone crazy or something. I mean I am a bit crazy alright, but she should not know that.

Today I made proper use of my privacy. I danced to Arabic and Spanish songs in my robes. And newsflash: My closet burst out and a pile, no a mount of clothes dropped on me. This is what happens when you try to find a dress to wear to your varsity's orientation. My room was huge mess, the music was loud and it was perfect. The way I want my room to be. But then again, my mom was shouting so I had to clean up. I've gotta say, I am pretty proud of myself for neatly organizing my closet. *pats her on back*

Then after 3 something hour, searching through the pile and second closet, I found a dress to wear on the orientation. Well technically it's my sister's, but a really old one, when she was skinny and I was skinnier. Now it perfectly fits me and I love it! It has a casual-gorge vibe to it. Besides, I added a dimension to it by having to wear black jasmine pants(not sure what to call it, pretty much looks like what princess Jasmine wears in bottom) that totally rocks the outfit and have super cute black and silver shoes to go with it. Happy with my choices. I am not into fashion tho, I've always gone to my sister for fashion advice or worn her dresses but this one by far, my fav. I think I am starting to learn fashion talk. Good for me!

So yeah. I am using every moment I spend in my room right now. Oh how much I missed sleeping in the queen size bed. I am gonna sleep like a starfish tonight.

Goodnight, sweet dreams and
who am I kidding.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

spring is almost here

Hi B,  Season is changing. The hard days are almost over.  The city I live in has turned so beautiful, I get overwhelmed by the beauty.  Tulips are in. Cherry blossoms are blossoming.  Magnolia, Beautiful white flowers, name unknown to me.  Taking a walk out feels like a celebration of life.  It feels like I'm falling in love with the city.  I remember when I first moved here 2 years ago, the excitement and the crippling anxiety of starting a new life from scratch. Now, after 2 years, I feel a warmth and love for the place.  I don't know if I would feel the same when the winter comes though. Seasonal depression is no joke.  My new mantra for life now is to chill.  Praise the nature and find pretty little corners in the city.  Write poems.  Paint, maybe.  Seek positivity.  Love. Be kind to self. No rush. Read books. Just flow.
 Some thoughts. Our old generation glorified selfless acts to the point that they started calling putting themselves first as: 'selfish.'  To a certain period of time, I have also followed this pattern.  I thought taking care of me is selfish.  Where taking care of me is fundamental.  You cannot pour out of a cup, which is empty.  So pour yourself first.   I have to unlearn so many of these toxic patterns because these have made my life only miserable and problematic. I am learning that evolving is crucial for living with inner peace.  These days, I value so much about inner peace.  I'll choose it over others anytime, and it is not selfish. It is in fact for greater good.

long distance again

 I came back from my trip. It was amazing 2 weeks of my life. Seeing him again after so long felt strange yet peaceful. I finally got to be in his arms again. 2 weeks flew by and now I am back home and back to work and normal hustle and bustle of life.  He got an extension offer and decided to stay for another 3 months. It is sad because he was supposed to be back next month. He asked me if he should take it and despite having my heart aching I supported him in the decision. It is not confirmed yet but he probably be staying another 3. Another 5 months of long distance. How am I going to survive the winter by myself? I don't know. Honestly, in my heart, I don't care about how much compensation he be getting. I miss him so much and this long distance thing is killing me inside. Today is Friday night and instead of cuddles and movie, I am home alone. No plans to look forward. No one to talk to. I am the loneliest girl on earth right now. He is probably sleeping and not picking u...