Skip to main content

a day in life of an unsexy

College was different, Everybody wore a uniform, did hair in a braid or a ponytail and northstar keds in their feet. Although we used to complain about how tacky we looked every morning going to class, never had we thought how easy that look was to pull off. We didn't have to worry about matching things to things. It wasn't a competition to look pretty or presentable. Everyone was wearing the same old outfit everyday. Morning wasn't a haste. You climb outta bed, put on a uniform, toss your hair back in a ponytail, put your shoes on wearing last night's socks or without any socks, no one wasn't gonna notice anyway. You didn't have to think about which shade of lipstick you should wear today or make a mess of trying winged eyeliner or it wouldn't even matter if you forget wearing deodorant, at the end of the day you were going to smell anyway and other people would too.

Now I feel that, being in university takes a lot of effort. I have to fix an outfit the night before and iron it wisely, so I can sleep extra minutes in the morning, comb my hair, make it behave which I fail making it do everyday, apply at least something in my lip. Or else it's going to look too pale. Funny how every morning when I walk down that hallway, I feel unsexy. I look like I am in my bed hair when I have combed it like couple of times. When I enter the class, I see girls wearing cute short tank tops without any orna hanging down their chest, eye bags concealed, hair straightened and dyed, eyebrows on sleek, matte color shade in their lips, many alluring features they present. I feel so unsexy around them. I miss my college days when even if I looked ugly I didn't care.

And one thing I loathe passionately. Having to wear glasses all time. Because I can't see literally anything. Everything goes like instagram blurring effect.

But when I come home, take off my clothes and just leave the bra on, I feel like a victoria's secret model. And nobody gets to see that side of me.













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

spring is almost here

Hi B,  Season is changing. The hard days are almost over.  The city I live in has turned so beautiful, I get overwhelmed by the beauty.  Tulips are in. Cherry blossoms are blossoming.  Magnolia, Beautiful white flowers, name unknown to me.  Taking a walk out feels like a celebration of life.  It feels like I'm falling in love with the city.  I remember when I first moved here 2 years ago, the excitement and the crippling anxiety of starting a new life from scratch. Now, after 2 years, I feel a warmth and love for the place.  I don't know if I would feel the same when the winter comes though. Seasonal depression is no joke.  My new mantra for life now is to chill.  Praise the nature and find pretty little corners in the city.  Write poems.  Paint, maybe.  Seek positivity.  Love. Be kind to self. No rush. Read books. Just flow.
 Some thoughts. Our old generation glorified selfless acts to the point that they started calling putting themselves first as: 'selfish.'  To a certain period of time, I have also followed this pattern.  I thought taking care of me is selfish.  Where taking care of me is fundamental.  You cannot pour out of a cup, which is empty.  So pour yourself first.   I have to unlearn so many of these toxic patterns because these have made my life only miserable and problematic. I am learning that evolving is crucial for living with inner peace.  These days, I value so much about inner peace.  I'll choose it over others anytime, and it is not selfish. It is in fact for greater good.

long distance again

 I came back from my trip. It was amazing 2 weeks of my life. Seeing him again after so long felt strange yet peaceful. I finally got to be in his arms again. 2 weeks flew by and now I am back home and back to work and normal hustle and bustle of life.  He got an extension offer and decided to stay for another 3 months. It is sad because he was supposed to be back next month. He asked me if he should take it and despite having my heart aching I supported him in the decision. It is not confirmed yet but he probably be staying another 3. Another 5 months of long distance. How am I going to survive the winter by myself? I don't know. Honestly, in my heart, I don't care about how much compensation he be getting. I miss him so much and this long distance thing is killing me inside. Today is Friday night and instead of cuddles and movie, I am home alone. No plans to look forward. No one to talk to. I am the loneliest girl on earth right now. He is probably sleeping and not picking u...