Skip to main content
I'm losing it...The pain. It increased today in a good amount. First I thought it was sinus pain. Then I had fever at noon. And I felt like I was gonna throw up everything I eat. I don't have any idea how bad tomorrow's exam will go. Being sick wasn't an option, I get easily distracted from my study, now how am I gonna deal with this pain?! Luckily it's reduced because I swallowed a pill, but it's left me tired and useless. I feel like I should lie down, give my exam tomorrow in bed.
I don't often lose my temper, but when I do, I do it very badly. I would break down, or cry or scream or cross the limit of the limit I mentally wouldn't ditch. Like tonight, at dinner when I wanted a fried egg and given an omelette instead, I lost it! I lost it pretty bad. I told our bashar bua, who is a very old lady, I told her she's an idiot and what not.Until then I've never scolded our servants who came to work in our house, at least not the old ones. But today I did. And I felt badly afterwards.
Maybe because I'm on my period that's making things seem extreme I don't know. And the exam pressure.God ! Why! Why everything at once...I am an insomniac every night, And it's not making things any easier.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

spring is almost here

Hi B,  Season is changing. The hard days are almost over.  The city I live in has turned so beautiful, I get overwhelmed by the beauty.  Tulips are in. Cherry blossoms are blossoming.  Magnolia, Beautiful white flowers, name unknown to me.  Taking a walk out feels like a celebration of life.  It feels like I'm falling in love with the city.  I remember when I first moved here 2 years ago, the excitement and the crippling anxiety of starting a new life from scratch. Now, after 2 years, I feel a warmth and love for the place.  I don't know if I would feel the same when the winter comes though. Seasonal depression is no joke.  My new mantra for life now is to chill.  Praise the nature and find pretty little corners in the city.  Write poems.  Paint, maybe.  Seek positivity.  Love. Be kind to self. No rush. Read books. Just flow.
 Some thoughts. Our old generation glorified selfless acts to the point that they started calling putting themselves first as: 'selfish.'  To a certain period of time, I have also followed this pattern.  I thought taking care of me is selfish.  Where taking care of me is fundamental.  You cannot pour out of a cup, which is empty.  So pour yourself first.   I have to unlearn so many of these toxic patterns because these have made my life only miserable and problematic. I am learning that evolving is crucial for living with inner peace.  These days, I value so much about inner peace.  I'll choose it over others anytime, and it is not selfish. It is in fact for greater good.

long distance again

 I came back from my trip. It was amazing 2 weeks of my life. Seeing him again after so long felt strange yet peaceful. I finally got to be in his arms again. 2 weeks flew by and now I am back home and back to work and normal hustle and bustle of life.  He got an extension offer and decided to stay for another 3 months. It is sad because he was supposed to be back next month. He asked me if he should take it and despite having my heart aching I supported him in the decision. It is not confirmed yet but he probably be staying another 3. Another 5 months of long distance. How am I going to survive the winter by myself? I don't know. Honestly, in my heart, I don't care about how much compensation he be getting. I miss him so much and this long distance thing is killing me inside. Today is Friday night and instead of cuddles and movie, I am home alone. No plans to look forward. No one to talk to. I am the loneliest girl on earth right now. He is probably sleeping and not picking u...