Skip to main content

confession# 91

I've got a bunch of complains today. And it all relates to not having a room of my own. I am sick and tired of compromising, sabotaging plans and of everyone for thinking I am a selfish bitch. I need a god damn space in the house. I am getting totally detached from studies because I can't concentrate by the situation I've been fallen under. And this is no excuse. I get easily distracted. At this point, I'd wholeheartedly support the American kids with the "Mom,Dad just give me some space." dialogue.But let's face it, we are Bangalis, if I tell my parents to back off, they'd be like- "You're my daughter.There can't be any space between us."
I thought when my sister would leave I'd get plenty of space and use it for good. Now look at me, I am pacing back and forth, to my brother's room to the living room the night before exam and Nanu alone, is pretty comforted with the room, I and api used to share. I seriously can't take this anymore, for how long she's gonna live here? I can't shift to my own room, how fair is that?You think I am selfish? She's the one who's taking advantage of everybody.She asked me why I don't study there, and I told her that it's the lighting problem just to avoid hurting her feelings. She should understand what I am going through.She knows how hard I am trying to concentrate, she sees it all and pretends to care, but in reality, she doesn't give a shit.I hate this kind of people.But I am in a hopeless situation, I can't be straight-forward here, she's my senior and being frank to her would look like an insult.I hate being at this position where I can't say things that bug me the whole time. No one understands. No one cares. They all think, this is a part of my study-bunking plan.But what they don't see is, all I am trying to do is to get myself drowned into study at which I'm failing, miserably.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

spring is almost here

Hi B,  Season is changing. The hard days are almost over.  The city I live in has turned so beautiful, I get overwhelmed by the beauty.  Tulips are in. Cherry blossoms are blossoming.  Magnolia, Beautiful white flowers, name unknown to me.  Taking a walk out feels like a celebration of life.  It feels like I'm falling in love with the city.  I remember when I first moved here 2 years ago, the excitement and the crippling anxiety of starting a new life from scratch. Now, after 2 years, I feel a warmth and love for the place.  I don't know if I would feel the same when the winter comes though. Seasonal depression is no joke.  My new mantra for life now is to chill.  Praise the nature and find pretty little corners in the city.  Write poems.  Paint, maybe.  Seek positivity.  Love. Be kind to self. No rush. Read books. Just flow.
 Some thoughts. Our old generation glorified selfless acts to the point that they started calling putting themselves first as: 'selfish.'  To a certain period of time, I have also followed this pattern.  I thought taking care of me is selfish.  Where taking care of me is fundamental.  You cannot pour out of a cup, which is empty.  So pour yourself first.   I have to unlearn so many of these toxic patterns because these have made my life only miserable and problematic. I am learning that evolving is crucial for living with inner peace.  These days, I value so much about inner peace.  I'll choose it over others anytime, and it is not selfish. It is in fact for greater good.

long distance again

 I came back from my trip. It was amazing 2 weeks of my life. Seeing him again after so long felt strange yet peaceful. I finally got to be in his arms again. 2 weeks flew by and now I am back home and back to work and normal hustle and bustle of life.  He got an extension offer and decided to stay for another 3 months. It is sad because he was supposed to be back next month. He asked me if he should take it and despite having my heart aching I supported him in the decision. It is not confirmed yet but he probably be staying another 3. Another 5 months of long distance. How am I going to survive the winter by myself? I don't know. Honestly, in my heart, I don't care about how much compensation he be getting. I miss him so much and this long distance thing is killing me inside. Today is Friday night and instead of cuddles and movie, I am home alone. No plans to look forward. No one to talk to. I am the loneliest girl on earth right now. He is probably sleeping and not picking u...