Skip to main content

confession #86

This year is a very significant one for me. Because it had been different. It broke me in a way and built me in another. I'd been torn apart then again stitched up. It has been a different kind of year for me because when I look back at it, it takes me by surprise how I've changed and grown since.What I knew and what I know now. This year made me laugh and cry both at the same time and I started loving myself, my own existence like never before.I turned 18.I got into the hobby of keeping journals.Lived good moments with family and friends.Got into reading English cheesy love novels and enriched my vocabulary.Learned to let go of the things I love.And in this exact same year, I would learn how to live without the person who's considered my half self.My sister.You see, it's been a year full of changes and happenings that I never imagined would come up so fast. It gave me a clearer view of the reality and everything that I was once mindless to.If I were to say which of these I am thankful of, I would say the whole damn year. Because those breakdowns, depressions and failure and hungriness for success have only made me stronger. Now I know what my real dreams are.Now I know how to be at my best, by not pretending, by not burying my thoughts and expressions.I learned that feelings need to show. No matter how impossible it may sound in your head you just have to let it all out.I learned I wasn't actually a worthless child when my grand-mother scolded me for wearing boyish clothes.I learned that every person has their own perspectives and you don't have to go how they want you to go.The world will adjust. You don't have to. And you're never too old for watching morning cartoons or playing childish.I learned that it is okay to like boyish clothes because the comfort I find in those I never get in skirts or high-heels.(I am wearing my brother's one of the t-shirts that he's outgrown-Benefits of having a twin brother.) I realized I don't have to wear heavy make-up to feel beautiful.A lot of things relate to that term.And I also learned never to be ashamed of the choices I make.Also that I need friends even when I think I can be on my own.Learned that when you're utterly lost, you'll get your way. And everything does fall together but with time.
This year has been a remarkable one. It left me with things I will never forget and I'd take it as an asset for life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

spring is almost here

Hi B,  Season is changing. The hard days are almost over.  The city I live in has turned so beautiful, I get overwhelmed by the beauty.  Tulips are in. Cherry blossoms are blossoming.  Magnolia, Beautiful white flowers, name unknown to me.  Taking a walk out feels like a celebration of life.  It feels like I'm falling in love with the city.  I remember when I first moved here 2 years ago, the excitement and the crippling anxiety of starting a new life from scratch. Now, after 2 years, I feel a warmth and love for the place.  I don't know if I would feel the same when the winter comes though. Seasonal depression is no joke.  My new mantra for life now is to chill.  Praise the nature and find pretty little corners in the city.  Write poems.  Paint, maybe.  Seek positivity.  Love. Be kind to self. No rush. Read books. Just flow.
 Some thoughts. Our old generation glorified selfless acts to the point that they started calling putting themselves first as: 'selfish.'  To a certain period of time, I have also followed this pattern.  I thought taking care of me is selfish.  Where taking care of me is fundamental.  You cannot pour out of a cup, which is empty.  So pour yourself first.   I have to unlearn so many of these toxic patterns because these have made my life only miserable and problematic. I am learning that evolving is crucial for living with inner peace.  These days, I value so much about inner peace.  I'll choose it over others anytime, and it is not selfish. It is in fact for greater good.

long distance again

 I came back from my trip. It was amazing 2 weeks of my life. Seeing him again after so long felt strange yet peaceful. I finally got to be in his arms again. 2 weeks flew by and now I am back home and back to work and normal hustle and bustle of life.  He got an extension offer and decided to stay for another 3 months. It is sad because he was supposed to be back next month. He asked me if he should take it and despite having my heart aching I supported him in the decision. It is not confirmed yet but he probably be staying another 3. Another 5 months of long distance. How am I going to survive the winter by myself? I don't know. Honestly, in my heart, I don't care about how much compensation he be getting. I miss him so much and this long distance thing is killing me inside. Today is Friday night and instead of cuddles and movie, I am home alone. No plans to look forward. No one to talk to. I am the loneliest girl on earth right now. He is probably sleeping and not picking u...