Skip to main content
Went to a family trip yesterday. It felt good going out after what seemed like ages.

One significant moment there was when I cought my father crying. We were sitting beside this lake, sipping coffee. Telling my brother and I, one of Tagore's short story- Kabliwala. He said, growing up, he had been fond of it and this story touched his heart....
Trust me, No one can describe a story better than my father. Most people lack it. Emotions. My father is an emotional person. At the end of the story, his voices cracked. And soon I realized, he is smiling to hide the tears in the corner of his eyes. I melted at the sight. How can I ever not listen to this man? How can I ever complain about our house, my limited freedoms to this man? Whose heart is as clear as a crystal. Who never harmed anyone. Even never thought of harming any one. My father who has his own problems, tackles us, works hard to get us a degree so we can have a future. Also tries his hardest to keep his wife happy, takes us all on a trip on their anniversary. Also makes sure our driver gets equally treated, he spends extra cash on his breakfast, lunch and snacks. In most families, they don't even think about eating with their driver on the same table. Every time I see m father being kind and soft to other people, I die a little bit. Because, I am not that kind like him. I won't be able to save his legacy. I won't be anything like my father. I already complain so much to him. I am a selfish brat who only thinks about herself, not even her family.

I sometimes wonder. How will I survive without this person beside me. Constantly checking on if I am okay. If I am doing good in the academic. Constantly making sure, I am not turning my future into waste. Every decision I take involves asking him. Even the decisions that doesn't require him. He is the world to me. I can't bear the fact that he's getting old and grey. It's hard seeing him need us. Need me. I am more accustomed to needing him. He was my courage.

Yesterday I realized, Again. I have to be responsible now. This is the time I take over. This is the time I work hard and prepare myself so I can take care of him and my mother. So I can take more than half of the tensions they bear in each other. I have to succeed. I have to work on myself. A lot.














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

spring is almost here

Hi B,  Season is changing. The hard days are almost over.  The city I live in has turned so beautiful, I get overwhelmed by the beauty.  Tulips are in. Cherry blossoms are blossoming.  Magnolia, Beautiful white flowers, name unknown to me.  Taking a walk out feels like a celebration of life.  It feels like I'm falling in love with the city.  I remember when I first moved here 2 years ago, the excitement and the crippling anxiety of starting a new life from scratch. Now, after 2 years, I feel a warmth and love for the place.  I don't know if I would feel the same when the winter comes though. Seasonal depression is no joke.  My new mantra for life now is to chill.  Praise the nature and find pretty little corners in the city.  Write poems.  Paint, maybe.  Seek positivity.  Love. Be kind to self. No rush. Read books. Just flow.
 Some thoughts. Our old generation glorified selfless acts to the point that they started calling putting themselves first as: 'selfish.'  To a certain period of time, I have also followed this pattern.  I thought taking care of me is selfish.  Where taking care of me is fundamental.  You cannot pour out of a cup, which is empty.  So pour yourself first.   I have to unlearn so many of these toxic patterns because these have made my life only miserable and problematic. I am learning that evolving is crucial for living with inner peace.  These days, I value so much about inner peace.  I'll choose it over others anytime, and it is not selfish. It is in fact for greater good.

long distance again

 I came back from my trip. It was amazing 2 weeks of my life. Seeing him again after so long felt strange yet peaceful. I finally got to be in his arms again. 2 weeks flew by and now I am back home and back to work and normal hustle and bustle of life.  He got an extension offer and decided to stay for another 3 months. It is sad because he was supposed to be back next month. He asked me if he should take it and despite having my heart aching I supported him in the decision. It is not confirmed yet but he probably be staying another 3. Another 5 months of long distance. How am I going to survive the winter by myself? I don't know. Honestly, in my heart, I don't care about how much compensation he be getting. I miss him so much and this long distance thing is killing me inside. Today is Friday night and instead of cuddles and movie, I am home alone. No plans to look forward. No one to talk to. I am the loneliest girl on earth right now. He is probably sleeping and not picking u...