Skip to main content
"Wake up! Earthquake!" My mom told me and when I peeked up lying on bed she said- "Look because of earthquake all the stuff in my room went right back here!" And that was partly true. I saw her beauty box sitting on my easy chair and stuff, all over the place. Then I remembered her room was supposed to get a new make over- it's getting painted today. But I didn't fall into her conspiracy, I fell right back into sleeping again.

Oh my god, she turned my room into a grocery store! Extra-virgin olive oil sits on my table. And a moment ago I was distracted by the shave gel that actually of my father's-that said it moisture and soothes after shaving. And I actually thought of applying that on my legs. Then I shook off the thought and sat to study for a bit, for the vocabulary test I have tomorrow and guess how I've gotten so far? Nothing! Not even a single word. It made me hate myself that I don't know much of these words and how weird they sound and how difficult they are to master in my memory. It made me hate English. It's a bewildering subject. It's confusing it's ...ugh I am sick of it! I closed the book I looked right at the cover where I learned the author's name and I said- "You sucker!" Then I kind of turned on the pc and listening to music now. There. I am preparing myself for IBA, everyone! Come watch me trying.

And I don't know why I have a pain in my hip bone.What did I do to deserve that? I can't even walk without flinching and every step I am taking I am like- Ouch ouch ouch ouch oww!
So this is my life, particularly this moment. oh on the bright side, my parents are gonna be sleeping in my room tonight. Yay.
I miss sleeping alone, already.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

spring is almost here

Hi B,  Season is changing. The hard days are almost over.  The city I live in has turned so beautiful, I get overwhelmed by the beauty.  Tulips are in. Cherry blossoms are blossoming.  Magnolia, Beautiful white flowers, name unknown to me.  Taking a walk out feels like a celebration of life.  It feels like I'm falling in love with the city.  I remember when I first moved here 2 years ago, the excitement and the crippling anxiety of starting a new life from scratch. Now, after 2 years, I feel a warmth and love for the place.  I don't know if I would feel the same when the winter comes though. Seasonal depression is no joke.  My new mantra for life now is to chill.  Praise the nature and find pretty little corners in the city.  Write poems.  Paint, maybe.  Seek positivity.  Love. Be kind to self. No rush. Read books. Just flow.
 Some thoughts. Our old generation glorified selfless acts to the point that they started calling putting themselves first as: 'selfish.'  To a certain period of time, I have also followed this pattern.  I thought taking care of me is selfish.  Where taking care of me is fundamental.  You cannot pour out of a cup, which is empty.  So pour yourself first.   I have to unlearn so many of these toxic patterns because these have made my life only miserable and problematic. I am learning that evolving is crucial for living with inner peace.  These days, I value so much about inner peace.  I'll choose it over others anytime, and it is not selfish. It is in fact for greater good.

long distance again

 I came back from my trip. It was amazing 2 weeks of my life. Seeing him again after so long felt strange yet peaceful. I finally got to be in his arms again. 2 weeks flew by and now I am back home and back to work and normal hustle and bustle of life.  He got an extension offer and decided to stay for another 3 months. It is sad because he was supposed to be back next month. He asked me if he should take it and despite having my heart aching I supported him in the decision. It is not confirmed yet but he probably be staying another 3. Another 5 months of long distance. How am I going to survive the winter by myself? I don't know. Honestly, in my heart, I don't care about how much compensation he be getting. I miss him so much and this long distance thing is killing me inside. Today is Friday night and instead of cuddles and movie, I am home alone. No plans to look forward. No one to talk to. I am the loneliest girl on earth right now. He is probably sleeping and not picking u...