Skip to main content
sleeping 10-11 hours or not sleeping at all.
So unhealthy. I am guilty. But I just can't quit it. 
I am losing balance.

I am ditching prayer and in this holy month of the year. My reasons are most likely excuses. I don't deny it. I could have said- because I sleep half of the day, am trackless of time and most often I am unheard of azan so I don't make it to pray 5 times a day. But I am not saying that. Instead, I am just going to sneeze out the real reason slash excuse for my not praying situation here.

When I see my sister pray, or any other person, who is a true devotee or just someone who performs in what they believe, I see them being content and more firm to that task. And when it comes to me, I am more like- finishing it in a hustle and feeling rather void after it's done. Maybe I lack in believing God or maybe I am just not praying from my heart. Because I am too busy in performing the surahs fast so it won't have to be time consuming. Actually, praying comes to me as a disconnection, my mind from my soul and from my soul from my body. Every time I would question myself, am I doing it right? Is He actually watching and hearing me? And what's the point of this surahs that are not even in my language so I could understand, what I am saying to God. I feel like a total disconnection, let alone contentment. I feel like I am doing a performance and I am not sure if I am being a good performer because I am easily distracted. So praying like this doesn't calm me. It rather makes me doubt everything I am supposed to believe. I don't get inner peace I don't get any satisfaction like others while they finish their prayer. Some do it as a duty but honestly, when I look it as duty, It makes me more indifferent toward it.I go like- okay since I have to do it, I'll do it anyhow.Then some days I'd be too lazy to stand up for a two minute prayer. I'd be sleeping or I'd be doing rather important tasks of mine and thinking to skip it for a day, then a day becomes a month and before I know it, it's been a whole year running from it.

To me, prayer isn't coming face to face with God. It is something to do with inner self. But while others suggest that, you're letting go everything around you, and you're completely devoting yourself into that minute, believing that there must be a reward after this. That, God is looking forward you to pray to Him. When you put the word- Reward at end of anything it comes with conditions. You either get rewarded or be punished. You either get to spend your life in heaven or be fried in hell for an eternity. And it makes it scary. It doesn't make any positive feeling towards praying. It rather enforces us and torment us as long as we're alive. We are bound to the rules. We are bound to the instructions given. We are bound to everything that should have distracted us from our petty desires. But we're not monks. When you put aside all your desires, your soul loses the desire to live. We're not truly devotees until we actually reach that point where nothing bewilders us other than the peace that comes within a pray. And praying for me is a hard task, is something that my little will power finds it hard to digest. And that's why maybe, for having such small strength of mind I fail every time to devote myself to God and deprive myself of the peace of mind I've been craving since forever I was born.









 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

spring is almost here

Hi B,  Season is changing. The hard days are almost over.  The city I live in has turned so beautiful, I get overwhelmed by the beauty.  Tulips are in. Cherry blossoms are blossoming.  Magnolia, Beautiful white flowers, name unknown to me.  Taking a walk out feels like a celebration of life.  It feels like I'm falling in love with the city.  I remember when I first moved here 2 years ago, the excitement and the crippling anxiety of starting a new life from scratch. Now, after 2 years, I feel a warmth and love for the place.  I don't know if I would feel the same when the winter comes though. Seasonal depression is no joke.  My new mantra for life now is to chill.  Praise the nature and find pretty little corners in the city.  Write poems.  Paint, maybe.  Seek positivity.  Love. Be kind to self. No rush. Read books. Just flow.
 Some thoughts. Our old generation glorified selfless acts to the point that they started calling putting themselves first as: 'selfish.'  To a certain period of time, I have also followed this pattern.  I thought taking care of me is selfish.  Where taking care of me is fundamental.  You cannot pour out of a cup, which is empty.  So pour yourself first.   I have to unlearn so many of these toxic patterns because these have made my life only miserable and problematic. I am learning that evolving is crucial for living with inner peace.  These days, I value so much about inner peace.  I'll choose it over others anytime, and it is not selfish. It is in fact for greater good.

long distance again

 I came back from my trip. It was amazing 2 weeks of my life. Seeing him again after so long felt strange yet peaceful. I finally got to be in his arms again. 2 weeks flew by and now I am back home and back to work and normal hustle and bustle of life.  He got an extension offer and decided to stay for another 3 months. It is sad because he was supposed to be back next month. He asked me if he should take it and despite having my heart aching I supported him in the decision. It is not confirmed yet but he probably be staying another 3. Another 5 months of long distance. How am I going to survive the winter by myself? I don't know. Honestly, in my heart, I don't care about how much compensation he be getting. I miss him so much and this long distance thing is killing me inside. Today is Friday night and instead of cuddles and movie, I am home alone. No plans to look forward. No one to talk to. I am the loneliest girl on earth right now. He is probably sleeping and not picking u...