Skip to main content

Confession#70

Today, when I woke up my mom greeted me with an awkward hug. And by that I knew something was up.So she gave me this beautiful piece of advice. She said, "Don't you do any love affairs. We're gonna find you a very good husband who'd take you to America, where you so wanted to be." I was like "Oh really?" I mean look at me. Am I that much qualified to get someone who's happened to be an immigrant of damn freaking America?. I barely stay awake, I don't do any kind of chores because I am super lazy. I am also a  suckish student. oh most importantly I am not so attractive.I don't talk to boys unless I am spoken to. So. Love affairs and Me? Doesn't make any sense. And about getting a Bengali-American husband? Yeah like they're so easy to get!

Then nanu said, my aunties (khalamoni) already started the Man-hunt. They even thought of one but the man is 10 years older than me. So it got denied. My jaw dropped. I was like are they gonna marry me off at 18? Then my mom said, "Hell no. We'll wait for 5 years and you better get admitted to some public university." I was thinking,should I tell them that I like men older my age? Maybe that 28 year old is worth a chance? And my sister joined in "You see. you'd miss a very good offer if you ever get involved in love-affairs." 
I am just delighted by the plans they're making. If that work out, being single for now wouldn't hurt;)











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

spring is almost here

Hi B,  Season is changing. The hard days are almost over.  The city I live in has turned so beautiful, I get overwhelmed by the beauty.  Tulips are in. Cherry blossoms are blossoming.  Magnolia, Beautiful white flowers, name unknown to me.  Taking a walk out feels like a celebration of life.  It feels like I'm falling in love with the city.  I remember when I first moved here 2 years ago, the excitement and the crippling anxiety of starting a new life from scratch. Now, after 2 years, I feel a warmth and love for the place.  I don't know if I would feel the same when the winter comes though. Seasonal depression is no joke.  My new mantra for life now is to chill.  Praise the nature and find pretty little corners in the city.  Write poems.  Paint, maybe.  Seek positivity.  Love. Be kind to self. No rush. Read books. Just flow.
 Some thoughts. Our old generation glorified selfless acts to the point that they started calling putting themselves first as: 'selfish.'  To a certain period of time, I have also followed this pattern.  I thought taking care of me is selfish.  Where taking care of me is fundamental.  You cannot pour out of a cup, which is empty.  So pour yourself first.   I have to unlearn so many of these toxic patterns because these have made my life only miserable and problematic. I am learning that evolving is crucial for living with inner peace.  These days, I value so much about inner peace.  I'll choose it over others anytime, and it is not selfish. It is in fact for greater good.

long distance again

 I came back from my trip. It was amazing 2 weeks of my life. Seeing him again after so long felt strange yet peaceful. I finally got to be in his arms again. 2 weeks flew by and now I am back home and back to work and normal hustle and bustle of life.  He got an extension offer and decided to stay for another 3 months. It is sad because he was supposed to be back next month. He asked me if he should take it and despite having my heart aching I supported him in the decision. It is not confirmed yet but he probably be staying another 3. Another 5 months of long distance. How am I going to survive the winter by myself? I don't know. Honestly, in my heart, I don't care about how much compensation he be getting. I miss him so much and this long distance thing is killing me inside. Today is Friday night and instead of cuddles and movie, I am home alone. No plans to look forward. No one to talk to. I am the loneliest girl on earth right now. He is probably sleeping and not picking u...