Skip to main content
I hate it when someone tries to control me. I profoundly hate it!
But there's no way to get away with it now because I have a control freak living in my room for- I don't know how many days, months or years she gonna stay. I am gonna suffocate, seriously. My intuitions tell me, I'm gonna suffocate if I spend another day with her...You know who I'm talking about, right? My beloved grand-ma who thinks I am obliged to her which I am not, I hate it when she tries to get us back on shape. I know I am reckless, lazy and whatever. But she has no right to change me or my habits. I am not an infant. I am eighteen years old, I know my choices, its consequences and I know what to do with my life.
All I want is some space from her, but she happens to always interrupt me with her whole controlling system. I get that she's a senior, I should respect the perspectives she often makes, but still. Why doesn't she understand I don't like it when she tries to change me>? I am not going to change, not when she's wanting me to. Why doesn't she get it, her advises mean nothing to me and I often don't listen to her bullshit? But who am I kidding? She goes on an on and questions my parents every now and then for not raising me right. Shitty woman.
Last night I spent sleeping on the couch away from my own room to get away from her. In the morning I woke up to her scream, that I am not supposed to sleep that long. You have no idea how I was frowning inside while she was crapping me. She even scolded my mother for spoiling me with affection. How dare she! I know she's my family, I should obey her and all that. It's not like I say these things to her face, I don't say a single rude word trust me, just because she's my senior. I've been tolerating her all this time.

I just want a single minute without her trying to control me with everything. Every freaking thing! Made my life a living hell!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

spring is almost here

Hi B,  Season is changing. The hard days are almost over.  The city I live in has turned so beautiful, I get overwhelmed by the beauty.  Tulips are in. Cherry blossoms are blossoming.  Magnolia, Beautiful white flowers, name unknown to me.  Taking a walk out feels like a celebration of life.  It feels like I'm falling in love with the city.  I remember when I first moved here 2 years ago, the excitement and the crippling anxiety of starting a new life from scratch. Now, after 2 years, I feel a warmth and love for the place.  I don't know if I would feel the same when the winter comes though. Seasonal depression is no joke.  My new mantra for life now is to chill.  Praise the nature and find pretty little corners in the city.  Write poems.  Paint, maybe.  Seek positivity.  Love. Be kind to self. No rush. Read books. Just flow.
 Some thoughts. Our old generation glorified selfless acts to the point that they started calling putting themselves first as: 'selfish.'  To a certain period of time, I have also followed this pattern.  I thought taking care of me is selfish.  Where taking care of me is fundamental.  You cannot pour out of a cup, which is empty.  So pour yourself first.   I have to unlearn so many of these toxic patterns because these have made my life only miserable and problematic. I am learning that evolving is crucial for living with inner peace.  These days, I value so much about inner peace.  I'll choose it over others anytime, and it is not selfish. It is in fact for greater good.

long distance again

 I came back from my trip. It was amazing 2 weeks of my life. Seeing him again after so long felt strange yet peaceful. I finally got to be in his arms again. 2 weeks flew by and now I am back home and back to work and normal hustle and bustle of life.  He got an extension offer and decided to stay for another 3 months. It is sad because he was supposed to be back next month. He asked me if he should take it and despite having my heart aching I supported him in the decision. It is not confirmed yet but he probably be staying another 3. Another 5 months of long distance. How am I going to survive the winter by myself? I don't know. Honestly, in my heart, I don't care about how much compensation he be getting. I miss him so much and this long distance thing is killing me inside. Today is Friday night and instead of cuddles and movie, I am home alone. No plans to look forward. No one to talk to. I am the loneliest girl on earth right now. He is probably sleeping and not picking u...