Skip to main content
Oh my god. So this is actually happening. I am turning 20 today and from now on I am no longer to be called a teenager. That sucks. I haven't accomplished anything yet. Looking at my life now, I am quite unhappy.

Whatever. Age is just a number. I am mentally sixteen, dependent, don't have a job yet, haven't traveled rest of the world yet, haven't been in a relationship and oh my god. I don't know how to drive. how to swim. Never rode an airplane. My life's been so pointless. I haven't even done anything for anyone. Am I still going to be like this next year? Or this is what my life would look like til I die. No. I am sorry I know this is depressing, I shouldn't say these things.

I am 20. I am alive. I am thankful. For everything. My family. My old friends. My new friends. Thank you Allah.

I realized I don't have anyone who could loathe me you know. Say that "I knew that girl. She's a complete bitch." Everyone thinks I am so nice. Which is nice. But you know, sometimes you're your own critique. I get really shocked when people say nice things about me. It really gets me like, DO I deserve that? Yeah  I know, stupid thought. Very people would say bad things to your face. But seriously sometimes I feel like I don't deserve all these compliments. Like when I am told I am pretty, I have a cute smile, I don't really believe it and make a face that the person who is complimenting me will never dare to compliment again. I get shy you can say. I don't believe I am that pretty to be told. Tell me I am smart. I'll be super happy.

So basically birthday wishes are making me awkward. People are telling me I am nice and stuff. I am not enjoying it. Oh and tomorrow, my mom has decided to celebrate my birthday. My cousins are coming and I invited turtle dove, she said she will come too. Tomorrow's gonna be amazing. I really want it to be amazing. 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

spring is almost here

Hi B,  Season is changing. The hard days are almost over.  The city I live in has turned so beautiful, I get overwhelmed by the beauty.  Tulips are in. Cherry blossoms are blossoming.  Magnolia, Beautiful white flowers, name unknown to me.  Taking a walk out feels like a celebration of life.  It feels like I'm falling in love with the city.  I remember when I first moved here 2 years ago, the excitement and the crippling anxiety of starting a new life from scratch. Now, after 2 years, I feel a warmth and love for the place.  I don't know if I would feel the same when the winter comes though. Seasonal depression is no joke.  My new mantra for life now is to chill.  Praise the nature and find pretty little corners in the city.  Write poems.  Paint, maybe.  Seek positivity.  Love. Be kind to self. No rush. Read books. Just flow.
 Some thoughts. Our old generation glorified selfless acts to the point that they started calling putting themselves first as: 'selfish.'  To a certain period of time, I have also followed this pattern.  I thought taking care of me is selfish.  Where taking care of me is fundamental.  You cannot pour out of a cup, which is empty.  So pour yourself first.   I have to unlearn so many of these toxic patterns because these have made my life only miserable and problematic. I am learning that evolving is crucial for living with inner peace.  These days, I value so much about inner peace.  I'll choose it over others anytime, and it is not selfish. It is in fact for greater good.

long distance again

 I came back from my trip. It was amazing 2 weeks of my life. Seeing him again after so long felt strange yet peaceful. I finally got to be in his arms again. 2 weeks flew by and now I am back home and back to work and normal hustle and bustle of life.  He got an extension offer and decided to stay for another 3 months. It is sad because he was supposed to be back next month. He asked me if he should take it and despite having my heart aching I supported him in the decision. It is not confirmed yet but he probably be staying another 3. Another 5 months of long distance. How am I going to survive the winter by myself? I don't know. Honestly, in my heart, I don't care about how much compensation he be getting. I miss him so much and this long distance thing is killing me inside. Today is Friday night and instead of cuddles and movie, I am home alone. No plans to look forward. No one to talk to. I am the loneliest girl on earth right now. He is probably sleeping and not picking u...