The question is. Why am I here, when I have like thousand things to do and achieve within a week. Not even kidding. Next week, it is going to be brutal. I have a final 8 min presentation due next monday, for which I haven't even prepared the slides, have two final quizzes which I cannot afford to mess up, have to write a response paper, and before that I have to select two articles and also, I have to write one final article. Then oh I have also another presentation to prepare for in the midst of this. Then, FINALS. The pressure is on! Damn. I don't know why I am telling you all this, seriously. I have been telling myself since I got home from uni- "You need to get started!" But I haven't started yet at all...It's just so much!
Some thoughts. Our old generation glorified selfless acts to the point that they started calling putting themselves first as: 'selfish.' To a certain period of time, I have also followed this pattern. I thought taking care of me is selfish. Where taking care of me is fundamental. You cannot pour out of a cup, which is empty. So pour yourself first. I have to unlearn so many of these toxic patterns because these have made my life only miserable and problematic. I am learning that evolving is crucial for living with inner peace. These days, I value so much about inner peace. I'll choose it over others anytime, and it is not selfish. It is in fact for greater good.
Comments
Post a Comment