Skip to main content
So my grandma left last week for her flight to Seattle, she is going to stay at her son's place couple of months. Sometimes, I feel like. NO she is not left behind. Everybody in her family cares for her. NO she has place to stay, she has plenty of places to stay. Dhaka, New jersey, Canada, Seattle, Dallas, London. Her children are taking care of her. There's no point in feeling sorry for this old lady, rather I feel annoyed sometimes. When she says she likes it here. Out of all the cool places she's been. She likes Dhaka. She likes our chaotic, Dhaka. She likes to stay at our place, which I think is too small for her because she has to share a room with her grand-daughter.

I don't know it's just last week and it is giving me a feeling like she's never been here. Like it's so normal for her to leave. I don't feel a thing. I don't have any feelings. I think she knows that. Because when my siblings were hugging her goodbye, she gave kisses to each cheeks and when it came to me, I didn't get any kiss. Just an awkward hug. Maybe, she also doesn't have any feelings for me. It is so weird. Even when I force myself to feel something, I get nothing.

It's okay. Really. I've always been like that. My two grandmas never felt for me, neither did I. They both shared and shares bond with my siblings but with me, it's mostly profession. I wish we had something real.

I am an emotional person. At least I believe so. Also very consumed. When I love someone, I oh-so dearly do. When I don't...I vaguely don't.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

spring is almost here

Hi B,  Season is changing. The hard days are almost over.  The city I live in has turned so beautiful, I get overwhelmed by the beauty.  Tulips are in. Cherry blossoms are blossoming.  Magnolia, Beautiful white flowers, name unknown to me.  Taking a walk out feels like a celebration of life.  It feels like I'm falling in love with the city.  I remember when I first moved here 2 years ago, the excitement and the crippling anxiety of starting a new life from scratch. Now, after 2 years, I feel a warmth and love for the place.  I don't know if I would feel the same when the winter comes though. Seasonal depression is no joke.  My new mantra for life now is to chill.  Praise the nature and find pretty little corners in the city.  Write poems.  Paint, maybe.  Seek positivity.  Love. Be kind to self. No rush. Read books. Just flow.
 Some thoughts. Our old generation glorified selfless acts to the point that they started calling putting themselves first as: 'selfish.'  To a certain period of time, I have also followed this pattern.  I thought taking care of me is selfish.  Where taking care of me is fundamental.  You cannot pour out of a cup, which is empty.  So pour yourself first.   I have to unlearn so many of these toxic patterns because these have made my life only miserable and problematic. I am learning that evolving is crucial for living with inner peace.  These days, I value so much about inner peace.  I'll choose it over others anytime, and it is not selfish. It is in fact for greater good.

long distance again

 I came back from my trip. It was amazing 2 weeks of my life. Seeing him again after so long felt strange yet peaceful. I finally got to be in his arms again. 2 weeks flew by and now I am back home and back to work and normal hustle and bustle of life.  He got an extension offer and decided to stay for another 3 months. It is sad because he was supposed to be back next month. He asked me if he should take it and despite having my heart aching I supported him in the decision. It is not confirmed yet but he probably be staying another 3. Another 5 months of long distance. How am I going to survive the winter by myself? I don't know. Honestly, in my heart, I don't care about how much compensation he be getting. I miss him so much and this long distance thing is killing me inside. Today is Friday night and instead of cuddles and movie, I am home alone. No plans to look forward. No one to talk to. I am the loneliest girl on earth right now. He is probably sleeping and not picking u...