It's just cricket. Just a game! I don't know why people are making such deal outta this. We're not going to be on that field. We're gonna be supporting a team. And I get that some of us are die-hard fans of India, some of us death stares them...but you know what? It's not that 1971 war. Or that time when India helped us with weapons when our people fought, sacrificed their lives for freedom. It's 2015, World cup season. When I am supporting my country, I'd not think about those unrelated topics or how actually we gained our freedom. I'd be crossing my fingers in the last over, just because I want our tigers to win and get into the finals.Spreading rude comments and making rape jokes won't really make any of the teams strong. But their training and our support will.
Some thoughts. Our old generation glorified selfless acts to the point that they started calling putting themselves first as: 'selfish.' To a certain period of time, I have also followed this pattern. I thought taking care of me is selfish. Where taking care of me is fundamental. You cannot pour out of a cup, which is empty. So pour yourself first. I have to unlearn so many of these toxic patterns because these have made my life only miserable and problematic. I am learning that evolving is crucial for living with inner peace. These days, I value so much about inner peace. I'll choose it over others anytime, and it is not selfish. It is in fact for greater good.
Comments
Post a Comment