Skip to main content

 I had been having vivid dreams since last night and whenever I nap. I don't have much recollection of what I had seen but it was like a mashup of things that goes in my head. It weren't all pretty. I woke up with my heart beating fast, a very gloom state of mind and I remember having like a sound effect. The sound mirrored the car horns that were outside, but it was much intense as if the cars were right beside me. 

At one point I was saying to myself- Please don't let it be schizophrenia! My brother was diagnosed with this disease around late 2016 and I remember what a trauma it was. He acted so strange and that affected me mentally, I was always crying, thinking our family will never be the same again.

Now it is actually much better, he recovered, well I would say, coped with it, had medication. He is doing well physically, mentally, academically, socially...I cannot but be grateful. But when I remember those gloomy times, it fills up my chest with horrors. I never want to go back. Also I never want to get it because of our genetic history. I think among us, I am the more sensitive. I wouldn't be able to handle it like he did. 

I did pop up a sleeping pill the night before yesterday, could be a side affect. I am not sweating this matter though....I am okay. Just taking a break from murder stories and watching a light sitcom. 

It's all good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

spring is almost here

Hi B,  Season is changing. The hard days are almost over.  The city I live in has turned so beautiful, I get overwhelmed by the beauty.  Tulips are in. Cherry blossoms are blossoming.  Magnolia, Beautiful white flowers, name unknown to me.  Taking a walk out feels like a celebration of life.  It feels like I'm falling in love with the city.  I remember when I first moved here 2 years ago, the excitement and the crippling anxiety of starting a new life from scratch. Now, after 2 years, I feel a warmth and love for the place.  I don't know if I would feel the same when the winter comes though. Seasonal depression is no joke.  My new mantra for life now is to chill.  Praise the nature and find pretty little corners in the city.  Write poems.  Paint, maybe.  Seek positivity.  Love. Be kind to self. No rush. Read books. Just flow.
 Some thoughts. Our old generation glorified selfless acts to the point that they started calling putting themselves first as: 'selfish.'  To a certain period of time, I have also followed this pattern.  I thought taking care of me is selfish.  Where taking care of me is fundamental.  You cannot pour out of a cup, which is empty.  So pour yourself first.   I have to unlearn so many of these toxic patterns because these have made my life only miserable and problematic. I am learning that evolving is crucial for living with inner peace.  These days, I value so much about inner peace.  I'll choose it over others anytime, and it is not selfish. It is in fact for greater good.

long distance again

 I came back from my trip. It was amazing 2 weeks of my life. Seeing him again after so long felt strange yet peaceful. I finally got to be in his arms again. 2 weeks flew by and now I am back home and back to work and normal hustle and bustle of life.  He got an extension offer and decided to stay for another 3 months. It is sad because he was supposed to be back next month. He asked me if he should take it and despite having my heart aching I supported him in the decision. It is not confirmed yet but he probably be staying another 3. Another 5 months of long distance. How am I going to survive the winter by myself? I don't know. Honestly, in my heart, I don't care about how much compensation he be getting. I miss him so much and this long distance thing is killing me inside. Today is Friday night and instead of cuddles and movie, I am home alone. No plans to look forward. No one to talk to. I am the loneliest girl on earth right now. He is probably sleeping and not picking u...