Skip to main content

 Dear B,


Thank you for sticking up with me all these years. Although you're just a space for me to record my thoughts, I still count you as something. My digital therapist, maybe? 

Happy New Year! 

I think I speak for everyone when I say, 2020 was one hell of a ride. We did get a fleeting moment of happiness before pandemic took over the world. Not entirely bad, maybe mostly bad mixed with good and a lot of life teachings and lessons. 

I am grateful that I survived it with my family and friends and here we are, seeing the face of 2021, sounds so futuristic, I hope we overcome the pandemic and get back to the days where we can hug each other again without worrying about getting infected.

Obviously, the expectation set for this year would be much less than the previous, but I do hope for better days ahead. Maybe I am not so ambitious or materialistic now, the end goal for 21 would be to survive and be content and find my inner peace.

I love that, I haven't lost my motivation to come back here.

I love that, I am still hopeful despite being broken couple of times. 

Here's to the uncertainty, 2021! Make us or break us but don't stop us!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

spring is almost here

Hi B,  Season is changing. The hard days are almost over.  The city I live in has turned so beautiful, I get overwhelmed by the beauty.  Tulips are in. Cherry blossoms are blossoming.  Magnolia, Beautiful white flowers, name unknown to me.  Taking a walk out feels like a celebration of life.  It feels like I'm falling in love with the city.  I remember when I first moved here 2 years ago, the excitement and the crippling anxiety of starting a new life from scratch. Now, after 2 years, I feel a warmth and love for the place.  I don't know if I would feel the same when the winter comes though. Seasonal depression is no joke.  My new mantra for life now is to chill.  Praise the nature and find pretty little corners in the city.  Write poems.  Paint, maybe.  Seek positivity.  Love. Be kind to self. No rush. Read books. Just flow.
 Some thoughts. Our old generation glorified selfless acts to the point that they started calling putting themselves first as: 'selfish.'  To a certain period of time, I have also followed this pattern.  I thought taking care of me is selfish.  Where taking care of me is fundamental.  You cannot pour out of a cup, which is empty.  So pour yourself first.   I have to unlearn so many of these toxic patterns because these have made my life only miserable and problematic. I am learning that evolving is crucial for living with inner peace.  These days, I value so much about inner peace.  I'll choose it over others anytime, and it is not selfish. It is in fact for greater good.

long distance again

 I came back from my trip. It was amazing 2 weeks of my life. Seeing him again after so long felt strange yet peaceful. I finally got to be in his arms again. 2 weeks flew by and now I am back home and back to work and normal hustle and bustle of life.  He got an extension offer and decided to stay for another 3 months. It is sad because he was supposed to be back next month. He asked me if he should take it and despite having my heart aching I supported him in the decision. It is not confirmed yet but he probably be staying another 3. Another 5 months of long distance. How am I going to survive the winter by myself? I don't know. Honestly, in my heart, I don't care about how much compensation he be getting. I miss him so much and this long distance thing is killing me inside. Today is Friday night and instead of cuddles and movie, I am home alone. No plans to look forward. No one to talk to. I am the loneliest girl on earth right now. He is probably sleeping and not picking u...