Skip to main content
I overheard my mother's phone conversation with my aunt telling her that she's going to fix someone for me and after year or two she will have my wedding all arranged. I almost had a cardiac arrest. All I could hear from afar is that the guy works in a company (which I am not going to mention here)  and a woman's name who actually gave her the proposal. I know that woman. She's a relative of my mom's side.
I am certainly not ready for marriage. A year is the shortest time to actually be prepared for things like this. I can't sleep since then. I am hardly handling myself. The best fit scenario for me at the least is maybe dating a guy. But marriage is like a whole new dimension. There would be in-laws. There would be a whole new house where I would have to make myself adjust in. And the next year, I am gonna be on by myself hunting jobs. The situation is overwhelming itself. You have no idea how many times I hinted mother I am not ready for this, she would be so silent and ignoring of whatever I say. My friends have bigger plans. When I think about this, it makes me wanna elope. This is crazy. I am not ready.

Seriously this year is gonna be my only chance to get on my feet before any of this happens. I don't wanna be living on another's man's income. It affects me so much to be living on my father's. I feel like a nothing. I don't wanna be feeling that for the rest of my life.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

spring is almost here

Hi B,  Season is changing. The hard days are almost over.  The city I live in has turned so beautiful, I get overwhelmed by the beauty.  Tulips are in. Cherry blossoms are blossoming.  Magnolia, Beautiful white flowers, name unknown to me.  Taking a walk out feels like a celebration of life.  It feels like I'm falling in love with the city.  I remember when I first moved here 2 years ago, the excitement and the crippling anxiety of starting a new life from scratch. Now, after 2 years, I feel a warmth and love for the place.  I don't know if I would feel the same when the winter comes though. Seasonal depression is no joke.  My new mantra for life now is to chill.  Praise the nature and find pretty little corners in the city.  Write poems.  Paint, maybe.  Seek positivity.  Love. Be kind to self. No rush. Read books. Just flow.
 Some thoughts. Our old generation glorified selfless acts to the point that they started calling putting themselves first as: 'selfish.'  To a certain period of time, I have also followed this pattern.  I thought taking care of me is selfish.  Where taking care of me is fundamental.  You cannot pour out of a cup, which is empty.  So pour yourself first.   I have to unlearn so many of these toxic patterns because these have made my life only miserable and problematic. I am learning that evolving is crucial for living with inner peace.  These days, I value so much about inner peace.  I'll choose it over others anytime, and it is not selfish. It is in fact for greater good.

long distance again

 I came back from my trip. It was amazing 2 weeks of my life. Seeing him again after so long felt strange yet peaceful. I finally got to be in his arms again. 2 weeks flew by and now I am back home and back to work and normal hustle and bustle of life.  He got an extension offer and decided to stay for another 3 months. It is sad because he was supposed to be back next month. He asked me if he should take it and despite having my heart aching I supported him in the decision. It is not confirmed yet but he probably be staying another 3. Another 5 months of long distance. How am I going to survive the winter by myself? I don't know. Honestly, in my heart, I don't care about how much compensation he be getting. I miss him so much and this long distance thing is killing me inside. Today is Friday night and instead of cuddles and movie, I am home alone. No plans to look forward. No one to talk to. I am the loneliest girl on earth right now. He is probably sleeping and not picking u...