Skip to main content
I can't wait for the classes to start...I am so bored being stuck at home. And I miss hanging out with my friends. I am on a movie marathon all by myself.
It is weird having to watch so much movies. I feel like I am making up for the years I haven't watched much. When I was a kid, say 5 or 6, the tv set was in my parent's bedroom. I hardly watched much, my sister watched this hindi reality shows and movies and what not. I remember watching morning cartoons, specifically Dexter's laboratory while getting ready for school. There was another tv set that was my grand parents' living room, we used to live together, but I hardly could claim that one. My grandma was a very controlling person and I wasn't brave enough to touch that one.
It was until I think when I was fifteen or sixteen that we finally got our own flat and tv that wasn't in my parent's room that was for common entertainment, that I finally could watch something on. However, there was always some sibling fight midst of it all.
Long story short. I spent my school and college years basically living in the dark. Now I have internet making up for those years. I am thankful.

Today I woke up at five pm. Gosh I miss university. At least, I was bound to wake up. Now look at me, I am on a reckless routine again.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

 Some thoughts. Our old generation glorified selfless acts to the point that they started calling putting themselves first as: 'selfish.'  To a certain period of time, I have also followed this pattern.  I thought taking care of me is selfish.  Where taking care of me is fundamental.  You cannot pour out of a cup, which is empty.  So pour yourself first.   I have to unlearn so many of these toxic patterns because these have made my life only miserable and problematic. I am learning that evolving is crucial for living with inner peace.  These days, I value so much about inner peace.  I'll choose it over others anytime, and it is not selfish. It is in fact for greater good.

spring is almost here

Hi B,  Season is changing. The hard days are almost over.  The city I live in has turned so beautiful, I get overwhelmed by the beauty.  Tulips are in. Cherry blossoms are blossoming.  Magnolia, Beautiful white flowers, name unknown to me.  Taking a walk out feels like a celebration of life.  It feels like I'm falling in love with the city.  I remember when I first moved here 2 years ago, the excitement and the crippling anxiety of starting a new life from scratch. Now, after 2 years, I feel a warmth and love for the place.  I don't know if I would feel the same when the winter comes though. Seasonal depression is no joke.  My new mantra for life now is to chill.  Praise the nature and find pretty little corners in the city.  Write poems.  Paint, maybe.  Seek positivity.  Love. Be kind to self. No rush. Read books. Just flow.

long distance again

 I came back from my trip. It was amazing 2 weeks of my life. Seeing him again after so long felt strange yet peaceful. I finally got to be in his arms again. 2 weeks flew by and now I am back home and back to work and normal hustle and bustle of life.  He got an extension offer and decided to stay for another 3 months. It is sad because he was supposed to be back next month. He asked me if he should take it and despite having my heart aching I supported him in the decision. It is not confirmed yet but he probably be staying another 3. Another 5 months of long distance. How am I going to survive the winter by myself? I don't know. Honestly, in my heart, I don't care about how much compensation he be getting. I miss him so much and this long distance thing is killing me inside. Today is Friday night and instead of cuddles and movie, I am home alone. No plans to look forward. No one to talk to. I am the loneliest girl on earth right now. He is probably sleeping and not picking u...