Skip to main content
This is why I need you

I feel like people are so sensitive about the person they love. It is like a feeling of superiority. Like the person you love will represent you, the person you love will show other people what sort of person you are.

Trust me, most of the people who are in love or in process of love, "What will other people think of us" crosses their minds like hundred times. They make it seem so important, more important than the person they're with. Real life examples. My best friend about the guy she likes. She asked me more than once, "Does it look bad, if I go out with him? ....I mean, he is not that good looking, but he is the most reliable and nicest man I know here." 

I didn't know what to say to that. 

My cousin, almost every time, validates to me the person she is dating. Her conversation mostly follows with, how committed he is to her, how he is so understandable....I wanted to know, if she is telling these information to me just to make me think, she is not on a fling, he is a serious guy who loves her and he got hooked on her? I mean all I needed to know was is she happy? Because I seriously don't need anymore explanation why she is dating him. There's no need of why. There's a need for "Are you happy, my dear sister? That's all I care about."

I think everybody takes the pride in the person they're with. It completes them. 

Everybody wants their social approval. Everybody wants to be with a superior being, who accentuates their beauty of existence. I get that. I totally do.

I am not in love yet. But I know how diluted love is already. 
I wish there were someone out there, I could understand love with.

The feeling of companionship is wonderful. But it is the feeling of loneliness that throws on some perspective. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

 Some thoughts. Our old generation glorified selfless acts to the point that they started calling putting themselves first as: 'selfish.'  To a certain period of time, I have also followed this pattern.  I thought taking care of me is selfish.  Where taking care of me is fundamental.  You cannot pour out of a cup, which is empty.  So pour yourself first.   I have to unlearn so many of these toxic patterns because these have made my life only miserable and problematic. I am learning that evolving is crucial for living with inner peace.  These days, I value so much about inner peace.  I'll choose it over others anytime, and it is not selfish. It is in fact for greater good.

spring is almost here

Hi B,  Season is changing. The hard days are almost over.  The city I live in has turned so beautiful, I get overwhelmed by the beauty.  Tulips are in. Cherry blossoms are blossoming.  Magnolia, Beautiful white flowers, name unknown to me.  Taking a walk out feels like a celebration of life.  It feels like I'm falling in love with the city.  I remember when I first moved here 2 years ago, the excitement and the crippling anxiety of starting a new life from scratch. Now, after 2 years, I feel a warmth and love for the place.  I don't know if I would feel the same when the winter comes though. Seasonal depression is no joke.  My new mantra for life now is to chill.  Praise the nature and find pretty little corners in the city.  Write poems.  Paint, maybe.  Seek positivity.  Love. Be kind to self. No rush. Read books. Just flow.

long distance again

 I came back from my trip. It was amazing 2 weeks of my life. Seeing him again after so long felt strange yet peaceful. I finally got to be in his arms again. 2 weeks flew by and now I am back home and back to work and normal hustle and bustle of life.  He got an extension offer and decided to stay for another 3 months. It is sad because he was supposed to be back next month. He asked me if he should take it and despite having my heart aching I supported him in the decision. It is not confirmed yet but he probably be staying another 3. Another 5 months of long distance. How am I going to survive the winter by myself? I don't know. Honestly, in my heart, I don't care about how much compensation he be getting. I miss him so much and this long distance thing is killing me inside. Today is Friday night and instead of cuddles and movie, I am home alone. No plans to look forward. No one to talk to. I am the loneliest girl on earth right now. He is probably sleeping and not picking u...