Skip to main content
Apparently the things that caught my eyes recently, were Trump's withdrawal of Iran nuclear deal situation, Iran-Israel trade war, Bangladesh's export-import deficit, Bangladesh trying to move toward a cashless society-encouraging master/visa cards on day to day transactions, Scientist David Goodall's euthanasia in Switzerland....

Yes I read the newspaper. In fact I have been forcing myself on this habit since last week, It has been difficult on me I gotta say, since I am not much of a "Skimming" reader of articles. When I read something, I have to go to the core of it, hence go through all of it, to understand the context...So reading a newspaper, takes me about one and half hour everyday...In this era of internet, no wonder why it is so difficult to actually read a whole piece.

However I totally skip the sports section....I sincerely don't give a damn about sports unless it's world cup cricket or FIFA on TV, that I watch not read. I am just not in depth with sports. 

I wake up in the mornings, more or less, I sleep at night, I try to be timely. I am glad to report you, I  have seen the mood changes in me, rapidly, when my sleeping is adequate and in normal hours. I have never felt so upbeat and in health, these days when I wake up without alarm in the mornings. or when I go to class fresh faced.

It is all about routine. It is all about how you cage yourself in day to day task, without giving yourself enough time to worry about other things. Right now, I am so pleased with myself, and the weather, and the way things are. Boredom is the worst enemy of me, and whenever I feel bored these days, I engage myself, so I don't give control to any kind of negative emotions taking over my mind.

You can say, this is my way to rehab. 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

spring is almost here

Hi B,  Season is changing. The hard days are almost over.  The city I live in has turned so beautiful, I get overwhelmed by the beauty.  Tulips are in. Cherry blossoms are blossoming.  Magnolia, Beautiful white flowers, name unknown to me.  Taking a walk out feels like a celebration of life.  It feels like I'm falling in love with the city.  I remember when I first moved here 2 years ago, the excitement and the crippling anxiety of starting a new life from scratch. Now, after 2 years, I feel a warmth and love for the place.  I don't know if I would feel the same when the winter comes though. Seasonal depression is no joke.  My new mantra for life now is to chill.  Praise the nature and find pretty little corners in the city.  Write poems.  Paint, maybe.  Seek positivity.  Love. Be kind to self. No rush. Read books. Just flow.
 Some thoughts. Our old generation glorified selfless acts to the point that they started calling putting themselves first as: 'selfish.'  To a certain period of time, I have also followed this pattern.  I thought taking care of me is selfish.  Where taking care of me is fundamental.  You cannot pour out of a cup, which is empty.  So pour yourself first.   I have to unlearn so many of these toxic patterns because these have made my life only miserable and problematic. I am learning that evolving is crucial for living with inner peace.  These days, I value so much about inner peace.  I'll choose it over others anytime, and it is not selfish. It is in fact for greater good.

long distance again

 I came back from my trip. It was amazing 2 weeks of my life. Seeing him again after so long felt strange yet peaceful. I finally got to be in his arms again. 2 weeks flew by and now I am back home and back to work and normal hustle and bustle of life.  He got an extension offer and decided to stay for another 3 months. It is sad because he was supposed to be back next month. He asked me if he should take it and despite having my heart aching I supported him in the decision. It is not confirmed yet but he probably be staying another 3. Another 5 months of long distance. How am I going to survive the winter by myself? I don't know. Honestly, in my heart, I don't care about how much compensation he be getting. I miss him so much and this long distance thing is killing me inside. Today is Friday night and instead of cuddles and movie, I am home alone. No plans to look forward. No one to talk to. I am the loneliest girl on earth right now. He is probably sleeping and not picking u...