Skip to main content
One of my friends, on march 26 he mailed me his anthropology assignment. It was a personal writing. When he was submitting the hard file, I asked him to send me the pdf so I can read it. Just out of curiosity. He did send me the file but I was too lazy that night and ignored it; I thought I would read it later and give him a feedback. But I totally forgot about it. Just a while ago, I checked my mail which I do hardly nowadays because I hardly have anyone to mail to and I came across his assignment, I opened it, started reading it.

It got me chills. Yes. I got goosebumps. And tear at the corner of my eyes. I never knew he had it in him. Such sorrow and it looked so raw. Out and open. He never talks about it. But having to read that. It was such an emotional piece of writing. I'll tell you where I almost cried.


"if you are reading this I have survived traumas, heartbreaks, devastation and the different phases life had to offer  hence completely changing who I was. But at this age I really don’t know how to change what the society has got me  thinking and how much more I can take all this. As each and every day I lose a little hope from my life since deep down I am far too gone, I  feel totally broken. The only thing that resolves around my mind is to be up to my parents’ expectations because all this time I have been nothing but a failure. At least what I have been designed to believe over the years thanks to society."
 He has an ill father, who's retired, had a tumor operation which left his body in a pretty bad condition. As I read through his paper, I felt like, I have too much in life to appreciate at this present moment. And still I feel down. It doesn't seem fair.

Been a while I've read something beautiful and real. I guess that's what pain does to you. It modifies you. You define things more artistically when you're in pain than when you're just in normal mental state.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

spring is almost here

Hi B,  Season is changing. The hard days are almost over.  The city I live in has turned so beautiful, I get overwhelmed by the beauty.  Tulips are in. Cherry blossoms are blossoming.  Magnolia, Beautiful white flowers, name unknown to me.  Taking a walk out feels like a celebration of life.  It feels like I'm falling in love with the city.  I remember when I first moved here 2 years ago, the excitement and the crippling anxiety of starting a new life from scratch. Now, after 2 years, I feel a warmth and love for the place.  I don't know if I would feel the same when the winter comes though. Seasonal depression is no joke.  My new mantra for life now is to chill.  Praise the nature and find pretty little corners in the city.  Write poems.  Paint, maybe.  Seek positivity.  Love. Be kind to self. No rush. Read books. Just flow.
 Some thoughts. Our old generation glorified selfless acts to the point that they started calling putting themselves first as: 'selfish.'  To a certain period of time, I have also followed this pattern.  I thought taking care of me is selfish.  Where taking care of me is fundamental.  You cannot pour out of a cup, which is empty.  So pour yourself first.   I have to unlearn so many of these toxic patterns because these have made my life only miserable and problematic. I am learning that evolving is crucial for living with inner peace.  These days, I value so much about inner peace.  I'll choose it over others anytime, and it is not selfish. It is in fact for greater good.

long distance again

 I came back from my trip. It was amazing 2 weeks of my life. Seeing him again after so long felt strange yet peaceful. I finally got to be in his arms again. 2 weeks flew by and now I am back home and back to work and normal hustle and bustle of life.  He got an extension offer and decided to stay for another 3 months. It is sad because he was supposed to be back next month. He asked me if he should take it and despite having my heart aching I supported him in the decision. It is not confirmed yet but he probably be staying another 3. Another 5 months of long distance. How am I going to survive the winter by myself? I don't know. Honestly, in my heart, I don't care about how much compensation he be getting. I miss him so much and this long distance thing is killing me inside. Today is Friday night and instead of cuddles and movie, I am home alone. No plans to look forward. No one to talk to. I am the loneliest girl on earth right now. He is probably sleeping and not picking u...