Skip to main content

sick.

I'm sick.
That's all I could think the moment I woke up. It was 2 o'clock, lunch time and I skipped breakfast for sleep. This is not new to me. I had done it my whole life. Waking up in the morning seemed just temporary and it had always based on the fact whether I had college or a family trip. So in holidays I never actually made it. I always woke up late, bloated with last night's dinner or gassy because skipping breakfast. And I hate myself for sleeping that late. For ditching the morning fresh air. For wasting so much time on sleep when I have plenty of study left to be done. Trust me I try. I force myself to go to bed as early as possible but somehow I end up reading novels or over-thinking or having anxiety attacks or be just lying there tired and sleepless. When the alarm buzzes. I snooze it by an hour and never wake up then. This is my normal sleep cycle.No matter how hard as I try to wake up in the morning, it only lasts for a week. And last night I was so sure of breaking it for at least for HSC. But I can't. Before exam day, I somehow manage myself to sleep at night but the day after, during study gaps, I'm me again. With this sick sleeping habits. It's so depressing. I can't get over it. It's damaging me. For now I truly understand how badly it's affecting my study and concentration on any work and my appetite. And the most devastating part is I can't trust myself, my instincts that if I fall asleep I will never be able to wake up tomorrow when the sun comes up. I can't sleep at night thinking, that this wouldn't work, nobody will be able to wake me up. So I just lie on bed, begging myself to sleep for just a moment so the morning could come earlier. I hate nights like this. I simply hate it and wish every night that this would change. That I would sleep proper 6 hours and wake up in the morning early and fresh.
I have sleeping disorder. Since I was a kid, my parents didn't actually care whether I slept late. They shouldn't have done it. They should have put me on bed before the clock stroked 10. Otherwise, I wouldn't have to deal with this sort of stuff. I mean seriously, how am I gonna study for exam when half of my day is spent on oversleeping and nights spent sleepless. I never looked at it as a problem until now. I have to get over this sick thing otherwise...it's gonna kill me. So I reduced caffeine, I only drink one cup of tea a day and I have left my phone uncharged and turned off so it wouldn't occupy me at night. I gave up studying late. And I gave up listening to music late. I am doing possibly everything I can to break this sleep cycle. Till now I haven't been able to do it. This is a serious issue. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

 Some thoughts. Our old generation glorified selfless acts to the point that they started calling putting themselves first as: 'selfish.'  To a certain period of time, I have also followed this pattern.  I thought taking care of me is selfish.  Where taking care of me is fundamental.  You cannot pour out of a cup, which is empty.  So pour yourself first.   I have to unlearn so many of these toxic patterns because these have made my life only miserable and problematic. I am learning that evolving is crucial for living with inner peace.  These days, I value so much about inner peace.  I'll choose it over others anytime, and it is not selfish. It is in fact for greater good.

spring is almost here

Hi B,  Season is changing. The hard days are almost over.  The city I live in has turned so beautiful, I get overwhelmed by the beauty.  Tulips are in. Cherry blossoms are blossoming.  Magnolia, Beautiful white flowers, name unknown to me.  Taking a walk out feels like a celebration of life.  It feels like I'm falling in love with the city.  I remember when I first moved here 2 years ago, the excitement and the crippling anxiety of starting a new life from scratch. Now, after 2 years, I feel a warmth and love for the place.  I don't know if I would feel the same when the winter comes though. Seasonal depression is no joke.  My new mantra for life now is to chill.  Praise the nature and find pretty little corners in the city.  Write poems.  Paint, maybe.  Seek positivity.  Love. Be kind to self. No rush. Read books. Just flow.

long distance again

 I came back from my trip. It was amazing 2 weeks of my life. Seeing him again after so long felt strange yet peaceful. I finally got to be in his arms again. 2 weeks flew by and now I am back home and back to work and normal hustle and bustle of life.  He got an extension offer and decided to stay for another 3 months. It is sad because he was supposed to be back next month. He asked me if he should take it and despite having my heart aching I supported him in the decision. It is not confirmed yet but he probably be staying another 3. Another 5 months of long distance. How am I going to survive the winter by myself? I don't know. Honestly, in my heart, I don't care about how much compensation he be getting. I miss him so much and this long distance thing is killing me inside. Today is Friday night and instead of cuddles and movie, I am home alone. No plans to look forward. No one to talk to. I am the loneliest girl on earth right now. He is probably sleeping and not picking u...