Skip to main content
Day 37

I am proud of myself for not picking up my phone and calling him. Honestly I was on the verge of calling him last few nights but I controlled myself. You know what I did instead? This may sound super crazy, but I actually made a voice note, saying everything I wanted to tell him, pretended I was on call with him and then listened to the record and cried and deleted it. It helped me feel better.

Do you realize, how much I am infatuated as a person? I always need to jump from one obsession to another to stop feeling lonely and that's an unhealthy behavior. Talking with him would mean losing the last ounce of my self respect, and I don't think I should do that to myself. I deserve to be treated right, and he is never going to make me a priority like I did him. Whenever I realize this, I distance myself and don't miss him anymore.
It's all about resistance and persistence when it comes to getting over someone. I think I can do this. I don't want to fall back to him just because he is familiar. I know my mind and body is not ready to meet/talk with a new person, but it will eventually, and til that day I want to do self-care and be patient with myself. It is not easy but it is not impossible. I will feel those feelings again for another person, it is just a matter of time. I will be okay.

I took one class today and I also applied for internship. Baby steps.

I am not gonna be depressed over some guy who is not sure about me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

spring is almost here

Hi B,  Season is changing. The hard days are almost over.  The city I live in has turned so beautiful, I get overwhelmed by the beauty.  Tulips are in. Cherry blossoms are blossoming.  Magnolia, Beautiful white flowers, name unknown to me.  Taking a walk out feels like a celebration of life.  It feels like I'm falling in love with the city.  I remember when I first moved here 2 years ago, the excitement and the crippling anxiety of starting a new life from scratch. Now, after 2 years, I feel a warmth and love for the place.  I don't know if I would feel the same when the winter comes though. Seasonal depression is no joke.  My new mantra for life now is to chill.  Praise the nature and find pretty little corners in the city.  Write poems.  Paint, maybe.  Seek positivity.  Love. Be kind to self. No rush. Read books. Just flow.
 Some thoughts. Our old generation glorified selfless acts to the point that they started calling putting themselves first as: 'selfish.'  To a certain period of time, I have also followed this pattern.  I thought taking care of me is selfish.  Where taking care of me is fundamental.  You cannot pour out of a cup, which is empty.  So pour yourself first.   I have to unlearn so many of these toxic patterns because these have made my life only miserable and problematic. I am learning that evolving is crucial for living with inner peace.  These days, I value so much about inner peace.  I'll choose it over others anytime, and it is not selfish. It is in fact for greater good.

long distance again

 I came back from my trip. It was amazing 2 weeks of my life. Seeing him again after so long felt strange yet peaceful. I finally got to be in his arms again. 2 weeks flew by and now I am back home and back to work and normal hustle and bustle of life.  He got an extension offer and decided to stay for another 3 months. It is sad because he was supposed to be back next month. He asked me if he should take it and despite having my heart aching I supported him in the decision. It is not confirmed yet but he probably be staying another 3. Another 5 months of long distance. How am I going to survive the winter by myself? I don't know. Honestly, in my heart, I don't care about how much compensation he be getting. I miss him so much and this long distance thing is killing me inside. Today is Friday night and instead of cuddles and movie, I am home alone. No plans to look forward. No one to talk to. I am the loneliest girl on earth right now. He is probably sleeping and not picking u...