Skip to main content
So I am officially 23.
And I smoked  a few mins ago. Yes an actual nicotine full of cigarette, and I felt awfully dizzy. I don't know why I did that, maybe because I had a stressful day today and this is all I was looking forward to all day. It is always exciting and fun to do something that your parents and society abandon you to do. Obviously I am not making a habit out of this, it is not a regular thing. It's just a reckless one day -temporary fun. Besides, I am still kind of dizzy and my room smells. I have to do something about the smell before my non-smoker parents find out about this. Well it's 12.18 am, they're all asleep, hoping in the morning the smell will vanish.
Now I am sitting with a tub of ice-cream. To remove the aftertaste. To be honest. I am not feeling 'good' or 'soothed out', I am feeling super dizzy and a slight headache. Why do smokers enjoy this? I am still trying to figure it out.

My birthday was extra good this year. I had a presentation which I rocked. A popular cartoonist who I occasionally fan-girl about, noticed me through my friend's comments consistently saying how I have a huge crush on him. Well he personally messaged me, saying thank you and wished me happy birthday. One of my friend's friend know him, so that's how it happened. I woke up this morning all giddy, seeing his sweet message.
Speaking of sweet message, music guy, out of nowhere, just messaged me up, with all weirdly funny pickup lines. I feel like he is making somewhat of an effort. Honestly, if he is. I don't know what to say to him. I have done my fair share of trying and being desperate for him. That chapter in my life is closed now. I don't want to pursue that anymore. I just don't understand, why now? Why couldn't he like me then? Say these stuff to me, then?


So I am 23. Oh my god. I have to get used to that right now. I am one year older. This is just happening way too fast.

Turtle dove's dad is sick. He is diagnosed with a cyst in his thyroid. She is really going through something. There was a time when her mom got through cancer and it is all coming back to her. I am worried about her. She has been my only good friend. My closest to be honest. No matter how many times, I judged her in my head, I still cared about her. Yes she is always paranoid. She is a stress machine and sometimes a pain in the ass. But she looks after me, she supports me, appreciates me when I am not feeling myself. And this is really a crisis for her. I hope I could do something. I understand what she is going through because our financial condition is somewhat similar. Her family is all depended on her dad. And it is mentally horrifying for the family to go through such things.
I learned something.
Everybody is fighting their own battles. We shouldn't judge.
I feel bad for all the times, I might have judged her pretty harshly. She is a good human being. Always there for her friends. I really hope, her dad's health improve. I really really hope that.
My head feels so light right now.
Seriously.
Now I feel really really relaxed.
Is that the after effect?










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

spring is almost here

Hi B,  Season is changing. The hard days are almost over.  The city I live in has turned so beautiful, I get overwhelmed by the beauty.  Tulips are in. Cherry blossoms are blossoming.  Magnolia, Beautiful white flowers, name unknown to me.  Taking a walk out feels like a celebration of life.  It feels like I'm falling in love with the city.  I remember when I first moved here 2 years ago, the excitement and the crippling anxiety of starting a new life from scratch. Now, after 2 years, I feel a warmth and love for the place.  I don't know if I would feel the same when the winter comes though. Seasonal depression is no joke.  My new mantra for life now is to chill.  Praise the nature and find pretty little corners in the city.  Write poems.  Paint, maybe.  Seek positivity.  Love. Be kind to self. No rush. Read books. Just flow.
 Some thoughts. Our old generation glorified selfless acts to the point that they started calling putting themselves first as: 'selfish.'  To a certain period of time, I have also followed this pattern.  I thought taking care of me is selfish.  Where taking care of me is fundamental.  You cannot pour out of a cup, which is empty.  So pour yourself first.   I have to unlearn so many of these toxic patterns because these have made my life only miserable and problematic. I am learning that evolving is crucial for living with inner peace.  These days, I value so much about inner peace.  I'll choose it over others anytime, and it is not selfish. It is in fact for greater good.

long distance again

 I came back from my trip. It was amazing 2 weeks of my life. Seeing him again after so long felt strange yet peaceful. I finally got to be in his arms again. 2 weeks flew by and now I am back home and back to work and normal hustle and bustle of life.  He got an extension offer and decided to stay for another 3 months. It is sad because he was supposed to be back next month. He asked me if he should take it and despite having my heart aching I supported him in the decision. It is not confirmed yet but he probably be staying another 3. Another 5 months of long distance. How am I going to survive the winter by myself? I don't know. Honestly, in my heart, I don't care about how much compensation he be getting. I miss him so much and this long distance thing is killing me inside. Today is Friday night and instead of cuddles and movie, I am home alone. No plans to look forward. No one to talk to. I am the loneliest girl on earth right now. He is probably sleeping and not picking u...