Skip to main content
So I have to make up excuses to avoid hangouts with school friends. Because get this. I have it all lined up next week, and tomorrow, I have to go to this lunch invite and I was so not feeling it. But I have to do it because I have fear of missing out.
And to top it off. I had to lie to my parents, on 3rd next month i'm gonna stay at a resort for one night, with all my friends. I told my parents it is managed by university and I am gonna stay at a girl's dorm. If I get caught, I can only assume. I am gonna be in dangerous trouble.

My phone is hitting up with messenger groups. For all this planning and shit. I mean, I am not complaining, but I love my space. And I like staying home. I am not on a social sphere. It is just that, all of them are planning movie, lunch, then this resort....It is all too much! And I don't have my pocket money, I have to run it through my parents every now and then. The conversations are not fun.

But this is the first time, I am going to sleepover. With my friends in a bungalow. I bet it's gonna be epic. I am equally nervous and excited. I don't want my parents to ever find out about this. They don't trust me. They would see it as a scandal. So it is better to lie. 

Wow look at me. I am a social butterfly. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

spring is almost here

Hi B,  Season is changing. The hard days are almost over.  The city I live in has turned so beautiful, I get overwhelmed by the beauty.  Tulips are in. Cherry blossoms are blossoming.  Magnolia, Beautiful white flowers, name unknown to me.  Taking a walk out feels like a celebration of life.  It feels like I'm falling in love with the city.  I remember when I first moved here 2 years ago, the excitement and the crippling anxiety of starting a new life from scratch. Now, after 2 years, I feel a warmth and love for the place.  I don't know if I would feel the same when the winter comes though. Seasonal depression is no joke.  My new mantra for life now is to chill.  Praise the nature and find pretty little corners in the city.  Write poems.  Paint, maybe.  Seek positivity.  Love. Be kind to self. No rush. Read books. Just flow.
 Some thoughts. Our old generation glorified selfless acts to the point that they started calling putting themselves first as: 'selfish.'  To a certain period of time, I have also followed this pattern.  I thought taking care of me is selfish.  Where taking care of me is fundamental.  You cannot pour out of a cup, which is empty.  So pour yourself first.   I have to unlearn so many of these toxic patterns because these have made my life only miserable and problematic. I am learning that evolving is crucial for living with inner peace.  These days, I value so much about inner peace.  I'll choose it over others anytime, and it is not selfish. It is in fact for greater good.

long distance again

 I came back from my trip. It was amazing 2 weeks of my life. Seeing him again after so long felt strange yet peaceful. I finally got to be in his arms again. 2 weeks flew by and now I am back home and back to work and normal hustle and bustle of life.  He got an extension offer and decided to stay for another 3 months. It is sad because he was supposed to be back next month. He asked me if he should take it and despite having my heart aching I supported him in the decision. It is not confirmed yet but he probably be staying another 3. Another 5 months of long distance. How am I going to survive the winter by myself? I don't know. Honestly, in my heart, I don't care about how much compensation he be getting. I miss him so much and this long distance thing is killing me inside. Today is Friday night and instead of cuddles and movie, I am home alone. No plans to look forward. No one to talk to. I am the loneliest girl on earth right now. He is probably sleeping and not picking u...