Skip to main content
When I was taking a picture beside his wife and him, his hands reached my hair and my neck, I froze, I didn't know if it was right or wrong to even think, because I knew he had sexually abused many women in the past. But I am family. I cannot be one of his many conquests. It made me sick to my stomach. To even think, that he would. I don't know how to put this, how to label this. I mean deep down I know, there is something wrong with these men. They don't understand the fact that, you can't just go and touch someone. There is a rule. You are married. You are a father. You are old enough to understand that. Last week it was even worse. I let this man, who is same age as my dad, touch my hair while I was eating in his dining table. He literally brushed his fingers through my locks. I am not intimate with him ever. He is a distant family. It was really uncomfortable. He stood so close to me that even my brother felt uneasy about it. Just because he was family, I didn't tell anything on him. But I am pretty sure somebody noticed it. It was weird not to notice.
What depresses me even more is that both of this men are distant family and I have to deal with them from time to time. I have to show respect and pretend like they're saints.

There is a news on tv about this girl being raped by her own father. It disgusted me so much. Why do women have to put up with this shit? Why can't man understand that we are not created to satisfy their impulses?

I have to protect myself. And for that, I always ignore that guy in our family. My parents always warn me about him. I really can't believe he gets away with his act. All the women he abused. Where is karma at?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

spring is almost here

Hi B,  Season is changing. The hard days are almost over.  The city I live in has turned so beautiful, I get overwhelmed by the beauty.  Tulips are in. Cherry blossoms are blossoming.  Magnolia, Beautiful white flowers, name unknown to me.  Taking a walk out feels like a celebration of life.  It feels like I'm falling in love with the city.  I remember when I first moved here 2 years ago, the excitement and the crippling anxiety of starting a new life from scratch. Now, after 2 years, I feel a warmth and love for the place.  I don't know if I would feel the same when the winter comes though. Seasonal depression is no joke.  My new mantra for life now is to chill.  Praise the nature and find pretty little corners in the city.  Write poems.  Paint, maybe.  Seek positivity.  Love. Be kind to self. No rush. Read books. Just flow.
 Some thoughts. Our old generation glorified selfless acts to the point that they started calling putting themselves first as: 'selfish.'  To a certain period of time, I have also followed this pattern.  I thought taking care of me is selfish.  Where taking care of me is fundamental.  You cannot pour out of a cup, which is empty.  So pour yourself first.   I have to unlearn so many of these toxic patterns because these have made my life only miserable and problematic. I am learning that evolving is crucial for living with inner peace.  These days, I value so much about inner peace.  I'll choose it over others anytime, and it is not selfish. It is in fact for greater good.

long distance again

 I came back from my trip. It was amazing 2 weeks of my life. Seeing him again after so long felt strange yet peaceful. I finally got to be in his arms again. 2 weeks flew by and now I am back home and back to work and normal hustle and bustle of life.  He got an extension offer and decided to stay for another 3 months. It is sad because he was supposed to be back next month. He asked me if he should take it and despite having my heart aching I supported him in the decision. It is not confirmed yet but he probably be staying another 3. Another 5 months of long distance. How am I going to survive the winter by myself? I don't know. Honestly, in my heart, I don't care about how much compensation he be getting. I miss him so much and this long distance thing is killing me inside. Today is Friday night and instead of cuddles and movie, I am home alone. No plans to look forward. No one to talk to. I am the loneliest girl on earth right now. He is probably sleeping and not picking u...