Skip to main content
Intelligence is the new tits now. When your mind stays sound and crisp, you say all the right things in the right time...you get validated. People like you for making them laugh. Not at you, but at your jokes. Your sarcasm tricks them into thinking, you have a healthy thing going on with yourself.

I had always struggled keeping up. I am the clumsiest version of a princess. The reason I called myself princess is because I always expect people to treat me like one and I literally will cry myself out if someone gets a little bit rude with me. I won't say anything but I'll definitely cry.
It is not that, I am dumb all the time. I have a voice, I just prefer not to use it. In today's world, you are supposed to be vocal about even the slightest inconvenience. 

But I didn't know I was this shy until I came into my university life. Being among friends, lot of them, made me feel, there's this whole part of me, that I don't wanna show them. I found myself to be less interesting. You see, before, I used to think I am anything but blunt.

Your personality can bloom like a flower when you are with the right people. And I have, for sure, changed. Maybe the process is slow but I am not the same person I was before. 
People and circumstances changed me. 
It is also important to keep in mind that, you'll have your down days and your best days. I think everybody goes through it. So the wisest thing to be, is accepting where you're at. Be kind to yourself...Forgive and forget. Embarrassment is an okay deal.
You're only human.

x











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

spring is almost here

Hi B,  Season is changing. The hard days are almost over.  The city I live in has turned so beautiful, I get overwhelmed by the beauty.  Tulips are in. Cherry blossoms are blossoming.  Magnolia, Beautiful white flowers, name unknown to me.  Taking a walk out feels like a celebration of life.  It feels like I'm falling in love with the city.  I remember when I first moved here 2 years ago, the excitement and the crippling anxiety of starting a new life from scratch. Now, after 2 years, I feel a warmth and love for the place.  I don't know if I would feel the same when the winter comes though. Seasonal depression is no joke.  My new mantra for life now is to chill.  Praise the nature and find pretty little corners in the city.  Write poems.  Paint, maybe.  Seek positivity.  Love. Be kind to self. No rush. Read books. Just flow.
 Some thoughts. Our old generation glorified selfless acts to the point that they started calling putting themselves first as: 'selfish.'  To a certain period of time, I have also followed this pattern.  I thought taking care of me is selfish.  Where taking care of me is fundamental.  You cannot pour out of a cup, which is empty.  So pour yourself first.   I have to unlearn so many of these toxic patterns because these have made my life only miserable and problematic. I am learning that evolving is crucial for living with inner peace.  These days, I value so much about inner peace.  I'll choose it over others anytime, and it is not selfish. It is in fact for greater good.

long distance again

 I came back from my trip. It was amazing 2 weeks of my life. Seeing him again after so long felt strange yet peaceful. I finally got to be in his arms again. 2 weeks flew by and now I am back home and back to work and normal hustle and bustle of life.  He got an extension offer and decided to stay for another 3 months. It is sad because he was supposed to be back next month. He asked me if he should take it and despite having my heart aching I supported him in the decision. It is not confirmed yet but he probably be staying another 3. Another 5 months of long distance. How am I going to survive the winter by myself? I don't know. Honestly, in my heart, I don't care about how much compensation he be getting. I miss him so much and this long distance thing is killing me inside. Today is Friday night and instead of cuddles and movie, I am home alone. No plans to look forward. No one to talk to. I am the loneliest girl on earth right now. He is probably sleeping and not picking u...