Skip to main content

need a change

 Dear B,

I don't know if this is how it feels to have a mid-life crisis. 

Some days I feel like taking drastic steps to change my life, i.e colour my hair or cut it super short or leave the job and aim for something better and some days I'm stuck to the normal boring routine of sleeping, eating, going work and repeat. 

I wonder when my life stopped being joyful or like full of things I once cared about. 

My life now consists of my husband and I. We are not having kids, at least for near future. Having a baby is like not even the last thing in our minds. So here we are; just the two of us. Don't get me wrong, I love waking beside him and I cherish our moments together but sometimes, I feel like my life needs more than just the two of us. Like a purpose maybe, something that will drive me to do better and make more money I guess...I love traveling with him to places. Once we have our financials on check, we can save some money to travel. I do need to get my passport from here. That will be easier. 

I know I'm not that old. I still have time to figure stuff out. I still have time to be better. I can't be comfortable with the life I have. I have to keep going and aiming for better things. I can't let life slip away just like that. 5 years from now, I want to thank myself for not giving up. I don't want any regrets. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

 Some thoughts. Our old generation glorified selfless acts to the point that they started calling putting themselves first as: 'selfish.'  To a certain period of time, I have also followed this pattern.  I thought taking care of me is selfish.  Where taking care of me is fundamental.  You cannot pour out of a cup, which is empty.  So pour yourself first.   I have to unlearn so many of these toxic patterns because these have made my life only miserable and problematic. I am learning that evolving is crucial for living with inner peace.  These days, I value so much about inner peace.  I'll choose it over others anytime, and it is not selfish. It is in fact for greater good.

spring is almost here

Hi B,  Season is changing. The hard days are almost over.  The city I live in has turned so beautiful, I get overwhelmed by the beauty.  Tulips are in. Cherry blossoms are blossoming.  Magnolia, Beautiful white flowers, name unknown to me.  Taking a walk out feels like a celebration of life.  It feels like I'm falling in love with the city.  I remember when I first moved here 2 years ago, the excitement and the crippling anxiety of starting a new life from scratch. Now, after 2 years, I feel a warmth and love for the place.  I don't know if I would feel the same when the winter comes though. Seasonal depression is no joke.  My new mantra for life now is to chill.  Praise the nature and find pretty little corners in the city.  Write poems.  Paint, maybe.  Seek positivity.  Love. Be kind to self. No rush. Read books. Just flow.
He smells of cigarette . Slicked back hair. I like his trimmed beard. And his voice. Don't get me started on his voice. Oh god. His Beautiful, Sexy voice. There's a fine, fine line. I fell too hard. It's his presence that changes me. I feel like something just rushes through me when he's around. He says I get awkward easily. It's true. He sees it. Now a total bummer. He has a girlfriend and he's in a very committed relationship. I like his loyalty, I like how he adores his little niece. I like how he takes pride in real things. Love and friendship. I like when our music tastes match, and I get to sing with him. I like when he give compliments about me. I no longer want to entertain this thought that - I like him. A whole damn much. This two months have given me so much. Before this semester, I was this quiet person, who had just one friend beside her, couldn't crack conversation with anybody but that friend and now I have friends who I can sing...