Skip to main content
It is weird how smallest of things can remind significant memories of past life.
I found this old gum in my bag while I was out shopping with my mom. I used to take that bag, almost regularly a year before. I shifted to new fancier one my grandma bought me and so rarely I used the old one. But that day, arbitrarily I took it with me to shopping and the moment my hands wondered inside the pockets, I found this old gum.

It's not just an expired, old gum packet.
It was the packet I bought, on the day of a date. When it all felt something out of the world. When I had someone to kiss me. And he did. He kissed me so good. I was terrified of getting caught but we were at this public washroom, and I had him all to me. His attention, his eyes all on me. And I never felt like this about anybody else in my life. It was like an adventure. A sweet and cute one at that.

And I get all this from an old, stinky, torn, chewing gum packet.

Dateless valentine days are pretty normal for me. Everyday is pretty normal. I listened to this podcast yesterday, of Simon Sinek, inspirational speaker and author, he said that we are so accustomed to craving dopamine and adrenaline that we see 'normal' state as a physical low. We just want, always, the life to be full of life, we want the hustle part- you know- getting work done, doing something crazy, we want the life to be always be 'happening' that when things aren't, we feel low inside. 

My friend's wedding has been kind of like the highlight of my life right now. It is the only excuse I have to get out of home, hangout with my friends, dance, think about dresses and jewelries and makeups and forget about the miserable normal and boring life I have. I even am skipping interview calls, just because all my focus is on celebrating my friend's life event. You see, after all this is over, I am going to feel the physical low. 

I am staying over at my friend's place tomorrow. It's in the same area as his. Every time I drive past there, the places where we had once been intimate, I just get really teary eyed. Not because I miss him. But because, those days were really beautiful for me. Life was different. I didn't need a mask. I didn't have the worry in the world about getting sick or getting my parents sick. And I had someone holding my hand and telling me how much he liked me in red lipstick. 

I love 'love'. I do. I really crave it, And I just can't wait for the day, I fall in love with someone. Deeply and unconditionally.

I can't wait.
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

spring is almost here

Hi B,  Season is changing. The hard days are almost over.  The city I live in has turned so beautiful, I get overwhelmed by the beauty.  Tulips are in. Cherry blossoms are blossoming.  Magnolia, Beautiful white flowers, name unknown to me.  Taking a walk out feels like a celebration of life.  It feels like I'm falling in love with the city.  I remember when I first moved here 2 years ago, the excitement and the crippling anxiety of starting a new life from scratch. Now, after 2 years, I feel a warmth and love for the place.  I don't know if I would feel the same when the winter comes though. Seasonal depression is no joke.  My new mantra for life now is to chill.  Praise the nature and find pretty little corners in the city.  Write poems.  Paint, maybe.  Seek positivity.  Love. Be kind to self. No rush. Read books. Just flow.
 Some thoughts. Our old generation glorified selfless acts to the point that they started calling putting themselves first as: 'selfish.'  To a certain period of time, I have also followed this pattern.  I thought taking care of me is selfish.  Where taking care of me is fundamental.  You cannot pour out of a cup, which is empty.  So pour yourself first.   I have to unlearn so many of these toxic patterns because these have made my life only miserable and problematic. I am learning that evolving is crucial for living with inner peace.  These days, I value so much about inner peace.  I'll choose it over others anytime, and it is not selfish. It is in fact for greater good.

long distance again

 I came back from my trip. It was amazing 2 weeks of my life. Seeing him again after so long felt strange yet peaceful. I finally got to be in his arms again. 2 weeks flew by and now I am back home and back to work and normal hustle and bustle of life.  He got an extension offer and decided to stay for another 3 months. It is sad because he was supposed to be back next month. He asked me if he should take it and despite having my heart aching I supported him in the decision. It is not confirmed yet but he probably be staying another 3. Another 5 months of long distance. How am I going to survive the winter by myself? I don't know. Honestly, in my heart, I don't care about how much compensation he be getting. I miss him so much and this long distance thing is killing me inside. Today is Friday night and instead of cuddles and movie, I am home alone. No plans to look forward. No one to talk to. I am the loneliest girl on earth right now. He is probably sleeping and not picking u...