Skip to main content
By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail." - Benjamin Franklin

These days. 

I'm all about preparation. For the big SCARY day. And it almost, ALMOST makes me study. I mean, only if anyone knew what prep talk I give myself at the end of the day or when my car is stuck in traffic jam. I would be like- 

What dress should I wear at the admission test- hmm something comfortable. And something I wore in a happy occasion in the past. To favor the luck.

I don't think putting down my hair that day would be a good idea. I should do a ponytail. Not very tight tho that could give me a headache.

Revising- Uh I wonder when is the right time to revise. On the car to way up there? No. It could be unnerving. Oh hey. I could make flashcards.

Eating and Sleeping- I wonder about the night before. Would I be able to sleep? I don't think so. But if I settle down for some physical work for the day before, I could make myself fall asleep the night. But my body confuses me at times. Whatever happens, I will not let myself be awake the night before. I will get perfect 8-10 hours of sleep and before going there I would treat myself with a leisurely breakfast. 

What about footwear? I should wear something with straps because I have a tendency to slip out. I don't wanna make a scene.

Cell phone- Turn it off baby. Girl,(My subconscious speaking) You don't need any distraction from the instagram that day. Hot guys and puppies? You can drool over those pictures later, when you successfully complete the entrance exam.


Now the "could happen" part: The interview.
( My subconscious speaking to me again.)
Positive
You don't have to worry about it. Just smile and be proud of yourself if you have made it. Don't be afraid, they ain't gonna bite, they're just gonna ask you some questions and expect an answer. Don't give them the pleasure to traumatize you. Be ladylike and show respect. Show passion for whatever subject you get. And don't worry it helps that you're a female. They don't trick mother-like creatures. Just dress up in a traditional "sober" salwar kamiz and don't be tacky with the orna and you're good to go. 

Negative 

You didn't get into anywhere you applied? You didn't get all the promised gifts because you failed. You're heartbroken and sad and crying and regretting and going through hell and back. You can't face anyone in your family. You feel like every ounce of your  hopes and dreams just shattered into tiniest pieces as possible. And you don't know what to do now?  Here's an idea;

Quit being miserable.
Go back if you still have an option. Like right now. You. Yes you can change this... Never allow it to happen. Try harder. HARDER. 

However if you don't have an option. Don't go back. Look forward. You have have hit the bottom. The only way here now for you ,is to go up. So quit regretting and get up from the floor. Deal with your future. Deal with the reality. Deal with SAT. Deal with IELTS. Deal with private universities. Deal with your fate. Just deal with it. 










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

spring is almost here

Hi B,  Season is changing. The hard days are almost over.  The city I live in has turned so beautiful, I get overwhelmed by the beauty.  Tulips are in. Cherry blossoms are blossoming.  Magnolia, Beautiful white flowers, name unknown to me.  Taking a walk out feels like a celebration of life.  It feels like I'm falling in love with the city.  I remember when I first moved here 2 years ago, the excitement and the crippling anxiety of starting a new life from scratch. Now, after 2 years, I feel a warmth and love for the place.  I don't know if I would feel the same when the winter comes though. Seasonal depression is no joke.  My new mantra for life now is to chill.  Praise the nature and find pretty little corners in the city.  Write poems.  Paint, maybe.  Seek positivity.  Love. Be kind to self. No rush. Read books. Just flow.

long distance again

 I came back from my trip. It was amazing 2 weeks of my life. Seeing him again after so long felt strange yet peaceful. I finally got to be in his arms again. 2 weeks flew by and now I am back home and back to work and normal hustle and bustle of life.  He got an extension offer and decided to stay for another 3 months. It is sad because he was supposed to be back next month. He asked me if he should take it and despite having my heart aching I supported him in the decision. It is not confirmed yet but he probably be staying another 3. Another 5 months of long distance. How am I going to survive the winter by myself? I don't know. Honestly, in my heart, I don't care about how much compensation he be getting. I miss him so much and this long distance thing is killing me inside. Today is Friday night and instead of cuddles and movie, I am home alone. No plans to look forward. No one to talk to. I am the loneliest girl on earth right now. He is probably sleeping and not picking u...

winter together

 Dear B,  Sorry I've been so MIA. Here's the update you missed - My husband came back! He wasn't approved for those 3 months of extension. I've been getting enough cuddles and kisses to survive this winter.  Yes, winter is here. Never underestimate the Canadian winter. It's the worst. Everything is grey and dark. However, I am looking forward to going home in March. I'm so excited to see my friends again. Most importantly my parents and brother. It feels a strange kind of feeling. I am planning to 'visit' the place I was born and call home. It is definitely a new kind of feeling.  Things been okay. We are okay. I am glad to have him back.  We bought a new couch and a coffee table. It's still in back order and I'm impatiently waiting for them to arrive.  Can't believe only 4 days left to 2026. Time is flying so quick. Hope we talk again, B. I swear I missed you!