Skip to main content

I have been doing quite well. Both mentally and physically. I feel like myself again. Last night, I put on some great music and danced in my room. Of course, my husband was at work and he wasn't here to see me stupidly dancing. 

I used to do that before as a child/teenager. I remember, everyday when I felt gloomy, I would put my favourite music on my ipod and dance like nobody watching. I am glad, I feel like that child again. I am glad I have got through a very lonely and dark time and am present with myself again. 

My relationship with my husband has also significantly improved. I feel closer with him than ever. He has also shown some acts of service and taking care of me. The emotional disconnection I felt before has faded away. I feel like the luckiest woman alive when I am with him. 

I still don't have a job though. However, I am trying. A little bit everyday to improve myself. I guess I will find a job once I figure out what I want and where my passion lies. Seeking job cluelessly won't land me one. I am actually doing an online course on data analytics. It feels great to study after a long pause.

The weather is getting colder but I have my new winter boots my husband just bought me. Honestly, I am a bit excited to see snow for the first time!

I am in a more calmer state now. I see things with a much more clear head. I am thankful for everything that happened with me. It has given me more perspective and a fighter mentality. Whatever comes my way, I can deal with it. There is a saying that if God brings you to it, He will bring you through it. 

I am so grateful. 

Hope you are doing great as well!

Also loving the holiday season vibe here in Canada!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

spring is almost here

Hi B,  Season is changing. The hard days are almost over.  The city I live in has turned so beautiful, I get overwhelmed by the beauty.  Tulips are in. Cherry blossoms are blossoming.  Magnolia, Beautiful white flowers, name unknown to me.  Taking a walk out feels like a celebration of life.  It feels like I'm falling in love with the city.  I remember when I first moved here 2 years ago, the excitement and the crippling anxiety of starting a new life from scratch. Now, after 2 years, I feel a warmth and love for the place.  I don't know if I would feel the same when the winter comes though. Seasonal depression is no joke.  My new mantra for life now is to chill.  Praise the nature and find pretty little corners in the city.  Write poems.  Paint, maybe.  Seek positivity.  Love. Be kind to self. No rush. Read books. Just flow.
 Some thoughts. Our old generation glorified selfless acts to the point that they started calling putting themselves first as: 'selfish.'  To a certain period of time, I have also followed this pattern.  I thought taking care of me is selfish.  Where taking care of me is fundamental.  You cannot pour out of a cup, which is empty.  So pour yourself first.   I have to unlearn so many of these toxic patterns because these have made my life only miserable and problematic. I am learning that evolving is crucial for living with inner peace.  These days, I value so much about inner peace.  I'll choose it over others anytime, and it is not selfish. It is in fact for greater good.

long distance again

 I came back from my trip. It was amazing 2 weeks of my life. Seeing him again after so long felt strange yet peaceful. I finally got to be in his arms again. 2 weeks flew by and now I am back home and back to work and normal hustle and bustle of life.  He got an extension offer and decided to stay for another 3 months. It is sad because he was supposed to be back next month. He asked me if he should take it and despite having my heart aching I supported him in the decision. It is not confirmed yet but he probably be staying another 3. Another 5 months of long distance. How am I going to survive the winter by myself? I don't know. Honestly, in my heart, I don't care about how much compensation he be getting. I miss him so much and this long distance thing is killing me inside. Today is Friday night and instead of cuddles and movie, I am home alone. No plans to look forward. No one to talk to. I am the loneliest girl on earth right now. He is probably sleeping and not picking u...