Skip to main content
You know, I've always figured, my parents are a toxic couple.
My dad didn't let my mom continue study after inter, My grandmother wouldn't have let her either. They have a mentality that wives are better off staying home looking after kids and serve food on the table. And my mom wasn't a rebel, she's still not one. She is consumed with the notion that, her husband will be the breadwinner and so she could go shopping and stuffs. When my dad says, we have to cut expenses this month, she gets crazy and keeps on ranting how he's not doing well in the business and there's been no luck for us. Then my dad goes on ranting, how he gives, gives and gives and is never appreciated for once. And in between I get the most harsh words. I am such a failure born to this family, I am uncontrollable, I don't do any household work, I sleep all the time and I live unhealthy, I am not doing well in my studies, I am such an evil monster, I am selfish, I am the worst human being in this building and what not....

My mother bit me in my sleep this morning with a plastic hanger. I woke up but after an hour of listening to all the complains and shouting. My father left for work, I shed a few tears without anybody noticing, I did my breakfast, while watching Stranger Things. I am on season 2. It's fantastic.

The thing is tho. This morning, I was thinking if only I could get access to LSD. I want to feel nothing. I want to numb every emotions that there is, every attachment for few hours, gain some tranquility and then come back and deal with life. Funny thing, I've never tried drugs...Only heard and read about the effects. I wish I could try. It's illegal business and I don't have much network. It's hard living in a society like this, being a girl. My parents know what I intake and where I go. There's no chance of me going bad.

Seeing my parents fight now and then about money is something I am used to seeing since I was a kid. They are toxic but backdated. They will fight all through but never separate...They're used to this as well. I don't think there is any perfect family. Inside each of em, things are ugly. I heard my uncle has two wives now. He is a pervert. He cheats on his wife like it's a normal thing to do. The day I found out he's raped a maid in his office at the basement of our old house, I cried myself out. The fact that I couldn't do anything about it but to keep my mouth shut. Pretending to respect him in the family gatherings, made it so difficult. Earlier in my childhood I was fond of him. Ignorance was surely bliss. Right now, I know things I wish I never knew.

The more days pass, the more I want to feel less and less. It's easier having no emotions at all. But metaphorically speaking, if you spend 30 days with a cat, you'll grow feelings whether or not you want to. It's a system. A cruel system God has created...Infatuation. No matter how much I want to be free from it, I get stuck, I get hurt and there's no way of getting out until death. 















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

spring is almost here

Hi B,  Season is changing. The hard days are almost over.  The city I live in has turned so beautiful, I get overwhelmed by the beauty.  Tulips are in. Cherry blossoms are blossoming.  Magnolia, Beautiful white flowers, name unknown to me.  Taking a walk out feels like a celebration of life.  It feels like I'm falling in love with the city.  I remember when I first moved here 2 years ago, the excitement and the crippling anxiety of starting a new life from scratch. Now, after 2 years, I feel a warmth and love for the place.  I don't know if I would feel the same when the winter comes though. Seasonal depression is no joke.  My new mantra for life now is to chill.  Praise the nature and find pretty little corners in the city.  Write poems.  Paint, maybe.  Seek positivity.  Love. Be kind to self. No rush. Read books. Just flow.

long distance again

 I came back from my trip. It was amazing 2 weeks of my life. Seeing him again after so long felt strange yet peaceful. I finally got to be in his arms again. 2 weeks flew by and now I am back home and back to work and normal hustle and bustle of life.  He got an extension offer and decided to stay for another 3 months. It is sad because he was supposed to be back next month. He asked me if he should take it and despite having my heart aching I supported him in the decision. It is not confirmed yet but he probably be staying another 3. Another 5 months of long distance. How am I going to survive the winter by myself? I don't know. Honestly, in my heart, I don't care about how much compensation he be getting. I miss him so much and this long distance thing is killing me inside. Today is Friday night and instead of cuddles and movie, I am home alone. No plans to look forward. No one to talk to. I am the loneliest girl on earth right now. He is probably sleeping and not picking u...

winter together

 Dear B,  Sorry I've been so MIA. Here's the update you missed - My husband came back! He wasn't approved for those 3 months of extension. I've been getting enough cuddles and kisses to survive this winter.  Yes, winter is here. Never underestimate the Canadian winter. It's the worst. Everything is grey and dark. However, I am looking forward to going home in March. I'm so excited to see my friends again. Most importantly my parents and brother. It feels a strange kind of feeling. I am planning to 'visit' the place I was born and call home. It is definitely a new kind of feeling.  Things been okay. We are okay. I am glad to have him back.  We bought a new couch and a coffee table. It's still in back order and I'm impatiently waiting for them to arrive.  Can't believe only 4 days left to 2026. Time is flying so quick. Hope we talk again, B. I swear I missed you!