Skip to main content
I performed fazar salat today...And haven't slept all night. Kind of feeling peaceful after namaz/// I took a huge gap, I think last time I sat on my zainamaz it was ramadan month. So I am starting again from today, hope I'd be punctual enough to stick to five waqts a day. Enough moslim talk.

Umm. So I have been sleeping like a pig. I woke up at 8 pm last night and haven't got any sleep since. These days, I overslept for abnormal hours and  only when my parents shouted, bit me with a hanger, I forced myself to get up from bed and shower and eat and  do usual things...Every morning my brother would come by my room and splash water on me, and I remember badmouthing him.

I called him son of a bitch. This is first time in a long time I said something to him like that...Since he was diagnosed with schizophrenia, I was nothing but sweet to him, I felt sensitive to even talk to him. I stopped myself speaking any kind of negativity in front him, only words of encouragement only because I was scared whenever he told me someone is after him, someone is going to kill him, or things like there are cameras inside his body and what not....

I felt good after a long time. I got to be myself around him again. Only because he bothered to wake me up in the morning. Cared to splash water on me, just like the old days. I am so happy he did that, and I got mad and I got to badmouth him....I am so utterly grateful because a long time has passed since we had this pretentious thing going on, him not bothering how my life is, me afraid not to spill anything that had a negative impact on his mental state. Now I feel like. He is back. My brother is back. He is equally annoying as before and I love him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

spring is almost here

Hi B,  Season is changing. The hard days are almost over.  The city I live in has turned so beautiful, I get overwhelmed by the beauty.  Tulips are in. Cherry blossoms are blossoming.  Magnolia, Beautiful white flowers, name unknown to me.  Taking a walk out feels like a celebration of life.  It feels like I'm falling in love with the city.  I remember when I first moved here 2 years ago, the excitement and the crippling anxiety of starting a new life from scratch. Now, after 2 years, I feel a warmth and love for the place.  I don't know if I would feel the same when the winter comes though. Seasonal depression is no joke.  My new mantra for life now is to chill.  Praise the nature and find pretty little corners in the city.  Write poems.  Paint, maybe.  Seek positivity.  Love. Be kind to self. No rush. Read books. Just flow.
 Some thoughts. Our old generation glorified selfless acts to the point that they started calling putting themselves first as: 'selfish.'  To a certain period of time, I have also followed this pattern.  I thought taking care of me is selfish.  Where taking care of me is fundamental.  You cannot pour out of a cup, which is empty.  So pour yourself first.   I have to unlearn so many of these toxic patterns because these have made my life only miserable and problematic. I am learning that evolving is crucial for living with inner peace.  These days, I value so much about inner peace.  I'll choose it over others anytime, and it is not selfish. It is in fact for greater good.

long distance again

 I came back from my trip. It was amazing 2 weeks of my life. Seeing him again after so long felt strange yet peaceful. I finally got to be in his arms again. 2 weeks flew by and now I am back home and back to work and normal hustle and bustle of life.  He got an extension offer and decided to stay for another 3 months. It is sad because he was supposed to be back next month. He asked me if he should take it and despite having my heart aching I supported him in the decision. It is not confirmed yet but he probably be staying another 3. Another 5 months of long distance. How am I going to survive the winter by myself? I don't know. Honestly, in my heart, I don't care about how much compensation he be getting. I miss him so much and this long distance thing is killing me inside. Today is Friday night and instead of cuddles and movie, I am home alone. No plans to look forward. No one to talk to. I am the loneliest girl on earth right now. He is probably sleeping and not picking u...