Skip to main content
Last night was eventful. Such cruel incident. We live in a world where, people are being killed in the name of RELIGION. I don't know what sort of strong belief, what sort of religion they maintain by slaughtering humans. What they get out of all this? I don't understand. I don't know how to process this.

Yesterday, I dined with my family for iftar in the restaurant close to the place where that gunshot happened. We would have gotten into some trouble if we were 15 min late to leave for home. That's not what concerns me, but....The people who were in the hostage situation they were just like us, came to have iftar with their friends or family. Did they know what they'd be getting into? What were the odds?

I just don't get it.
20 foreigners, That's what they say on TV, they were slaughtered. And I just cannot picture how. How and how. How can humans be capable of doing that to humans. Where them conscience at? How is this possible. Religion they say? Islamist's? A total blunder. They pollute the word Islam.

I wish the world weren't to witness this. I wish my country were cleaned from this human pollution. I wish, I just wish people weren't capable of doing such thing. I wish those killers some sense. What the heck they think they are doing?What is the point of it all? Why can't they work on poverty reduction? Why choosing this dark path? Just why. I know I am being hypothetical, I don't know the other side, I am judging by what I see on TV. Asking them why would be like a shout in the void. I won't get a reply, and a genuine one. I won't know. Ever I guess. What is going on in their minds who are involved in this sort of killing. What are their motives.

It's like those violent games in the computer screens. So fun in virtual reality. Shooting, bombing, murdering. That's what children like to do with the mouse controller. Not just children, my bad. Teenagers and Adults also. Imitation of real life. Fascinating.











 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

 Some thoughts. Our old generation glorified selfless acts to the point that they started calling putting themselves first as: 'selfish.'  To a certain period of time, I have also followed this pattern.  I thought taking care of me is selfish.  Where taking care of me is fundamental.  You cannot pour out of a cup, which is empty.  So pour yourself first.   I have to unlearn so many of these toxic patterns because these have made my life only miserable and problematic. I am learning that evolving is crucial for living with inner peace.  These days, I value so much about inner peace.  I'll choose it over others anytime, and it is not selfish. It is in fact for greater good.

spring is almost here

Hi B,  Season is changing. The hard days are almost over.  The city I live in has turned so beautiful, I get overwhelmed by the beauty.  Tulips are in. Cherry blossoms are blossoming.  Magnolia, Beautiful white flowers, name unknown to me.  Taking a walk out feels like a celebration of life.  It feels like I'm falling in love with the city.  I remember when I first moved here 2 years ago, the excitement and the crippling anxiety of starting a new life from scratch. Now, after 2 years, I feel a warmth and love for the place.  I don't know if I would feel the same when the winter comes though. Seasonal depression is no joke.  My new mantra for life now is to chill.  Praise the nature and find pretty little corners in the city.  Write poems.  Paint, maybe.  Seek positivity.  Love. Be kind to self. No rush. Read books. Just flow.

long distance again

 I came back from my trip. It was amazing 2 weeks of my life. Seeing him again after so long felt strange yet peaceful. I finally got to be in his arms again. 2 weeks flew by and now I am back home and back to work and normal hustle and bustle of life.  He got an extension offer and decided to stay for another 3 months. It is sad because he was supposed to be back next month. He asked me if he should take it and despite having my heart aching I supported him in the decision. It is not confirmed yet but he probably be staying another 3. Another 5 months of long distance. How am I going to survive the winter by myself? I don't know. Honestly, in my heart, I don't care about how much compensation he be getting. I miss him so much and this long distance thing is killing me inside. Today is Friday night and instead of cuddles and movie, I am home alone. No plans to look forward. No one to talk to. I am the loneliest girl on earth right now. He is probably sleeping and not picking u...