Skip to main content
Now I'm thinking, "Was I over prepared? Cause my head was all over the place." :-(

The question paper was easy. But I only felt that when I got home. I am disappointed at myself for thinking too much in the examination hall. I just got scared and possessive of the marks. I didn't want my right answers to be cut out by negative marking. So I could have answered 85 percent of the questions and I answered only 70 percent. SO there you go. I am not getting into DU. The results gonna be out in three days and I already have set my mind to the next stage. I have to do something, I thought I would feel a relief today because finally the exam would be over and I wouldn't have to study for 5 big subjects at a row, but I am not feeling any relief. My hard work didn't pay off. I was miserable there. I have to work harder and make sure this doesn't happen at any exams in my life because that feeling is unbearable. When you doubt yourself in the exam hall- it's the worst feeling. I wasn't confident. I gave up at the last moment. And I am so pissed right now. I think all my friends are gonna get in and I ....I am gonna ....

I think I have a higher purpose now. IBA. I have no clue how to make it happen because I happen to be a very clumsy person in hall. Today I felt like my heart was beating outta my chest- I was this scared. Everyone's saying their exam went well and I am here like- NOPE. NOT EVEN NEAR WELL...so frank.  And I blame myself for that. I have to be the best version of myself and the reason that I am so upset is because I've let down my dad. He expects so highly of me,in a good sense,. He's always optimistic about me and I don't want him to be handed a failure. I want him to be happy. He's so close to my heart.


But I tried,okay. I went against my nerve. This normally doesn't happen. I am always caught up in worldly pleasures like watching movies, trying strip dance moves when no one's around, sleeping like pig. At least I wake up in the mornings these days.I have tried every ounce of me to tackle this test. And it's okay if I don't get in. I think I have a higher goal now, this was just a practice.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

 Some thoughts. Our old generation glorified selfless acts to the point that they started calling putting themselves first as: 'selfish.'  To a certain period of time, I have also followed this pattern.  I thought taking care of me is selfish.  Where taking care of me is fundamental.  You cannot pour out of a cup, which is empty.  So pour yourself first.   I have to unlearn so many of these toxic patterns because these have made my life only miserable and problematic. I am learning that evolving is crucial for living with inner peace.  These days, I value so much about inner peace.  I'll choose it over others anytime, and it is not selfish. It is in fact for greater good.

spring is almost here

Hi B,  Season is changing. The hard days are almost over.  The city I live in has turned so beautiful, I get overwhelmed by the beauty.  Tulips are in. Cherry blossoms are blossoming.  Magnolia, Beautiful white flowers, name unknown to me.  Taking a walk out feels like a celebration of life.  It feels like I'm falling in love with the city.  I remember when I first moved here 2 years ago, the excitement and the crippling anxiety of starting a new life from scratch. Now, after 2 years, I feel a warmth and love for the place.  I don't know if I would feel the same when the winter comes though. Seasonal depression is no joke.  My new mantra for life now is to chill.  Praise the nature and find pretty little corners in the city.  Write poems.  Paint, maybe.  Seek positivity.  Love. Be kind to self. No rush. Read books. Just flow.

long distance again

 I came back from my trip. It was amazing 2 weeks of my life. Seeing him again after so long felt strange yet peaceful. I finally got to be in his arms again. 2 weeks flew by and now I am back home and back to work and normal hustle and bustle of life.  He got an extension offer and decided to stay for another 3 months. It is sad because he was supposed to be back next month. He asked me if he should take it and despite having my heart aching I supported him in the decision. It is not confirmed yet but he probably be staying another 3. Another 5 months of long distance. How am I going to survive the winter by myself? I don't know. Honestly, in my heart, I don't care about how much compensation he be getting. I miss him so much and this long distance thing is killing me inside. Today is Friday night and instead of cuddles and movie, I am home alone. No plans to look forward. No one to talk to. I am the loneliest girl on earth right now. He is probably sleeping and not picking u...