Skip to main content
This morning I had a horrible dream of losing some one so precious to me, and when I woke up I was relieved that it was just a dream, but then I could feel the pain inside of me, like I've been through hell and back.You see, a nightmare can make you realize what your biggest fear is.My biggest fear is losing my dad.

The moment I realized it was just a dream, was the moment I realized forever does not last.There will be a time, when we're all gonna die.I can imagine myself at my own funeral, but I can't simply imagine a day without my father,not a single morning, not a split second.I just can't afford my life without him, it haunts me every now and then.I don't need anything on this earth when I have the most precious thing beside me,I'm thankful for every breath he takes and that he's with us.I just want him safe and sound.I want him for a lifetime.

I feel like my home, the home that my dad provided-is the happiest place on earth and ever will be.I may not have all the luxuries, I may not have everything I want, but I have everything that I need.I have my Abbu.I don't need anyone.When I'm with him I feel invincible, and the happiest and luckiest girl in the whole world.I can't tell you all the things he did for us, it won't fit in here.He's much more of a dad.He is my best friend.He is my hero.My inspiration.I don't need anything,seriously.I'm happy and blessed.Thank you Allah, you gave me the bestest dad ever.I owe you.

Religion does not define you.What defines you is your soul,not what you believe in.My dad might not be an organized religious man,but he is a good soul.He is kind, he is courageous,caring,loyal, there's no question about his character.When I talk after-life with him, I get surprised by his optimism and loyalty.

May Allah grant him his every single wish and a sound,profound health and a long life.

I will make my dad proud one day, I promise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

spring is almost here

Hi B,  Season is changing. The hard days are almost over.  The city I live in has turned so beautiful, I get overwhelmed by the beauty.  Tulips are in. Cherry blossoms are blossoming.  Magnolia, Beautiful white flowers, name unknown to me.  Taking a walk out feels like a celebration of life.  It feels like I'm falling in love with the city.  I remember when I first moved here 2 years ago, the excitement and the crippling anxiety of starting a new life from scratch. Now, after 2 years, I feel a warmth and love for the place.  I don't know if I would feel the same when the winter comes though. Seasonal depression is no joke.  My new mantra for life now is to chill.  Praise the nature and find pretty little corners in the city.  Write poems.  Paint, maybe.  Seek positivity.  Love. Be kind to self. No rush. Read books. Just flow.
 Some thoughts. Our old generation glorified selfless acts to the point that they started calling putting themselves first as: 'selfish.'  To a certain period of time, I have also followed this pattern.  I thought taking care of me is selfish.  Where taking care of me is fundamental.  You cannot pour out of a cup, which is empty.  So pour yourself first.   I have to unlearn so many of these toxic patterns because these have made my life only miserable and problematic. I am learning that evolving is crucial for living with inner peace.  These days, I value so much about inner peace.  I'll choose it over others anytime, and it is not selfish. It is in fact for greater good.

long distance again

 I came back from my trip. It was amazing 2 weeks of my life. Seeing him again after so long felt strange yet peaceful. I finally got to be in his arms again. 2 weeks flew by and now I am back home and back to work and normal hustle and bustle of life.  He got an extension offer and decided to stay for another 3 months. It is sad because he was supposed to be back next month. He asked me if he should take it and despite having my heart aching I supported him in the decision. It is not confirmed yet but he probably be staying another 3. Another 5 months of long distance. How am I going to survive the winter by myself? I don't know. Honestly, in my heart, I don't care about how much compensation he be getting. I miss him so much and this long distance thing is killing me inside. Today is Friday night and instead of cuddles and movie, I am home alone. No plans to look forward. No one to talk to. I am the loneliest girl on earth right now. He is probably sleeping and not picking u...