Skip to main content

I’m 30

 I turned 30 yesterday.

It kind of feels surreal.

Though nothing has changed, it’s just a number I now call myself.

I didn’t celebrate. I came back from Bangladesh yesterday and pretty much spent it on plane. I am also very jetlagged. I expected my husband would plan something but he was also exhausted. We went to his friend’s kid’s birthday and that was pretty much it. 

I’m going home now on a train. My husband is staying back at his friend’s house as his leaves aren’t over. I will start work from tomorrow. So I am going home and as I sit in silence on a 5 hour train ride home, I can’t help but feel some kind of gloom.

My trip back home went so fast.

My heart was full seeing my family. However, I felt this sadness seeing my parent’s faces. They are old now. I didn’t spend much time with them though. I spent most times with my friends and my husband’s friends. I don’t know part of the reason might be I felt too sad looking at them and my brother who are all stuck in one place. No change in their lifestyle. You know my whole life I have lived with them and I haven’t seen much transition. I felt most emotional for my brother who at 30 hasn’t experienced much and still acts like a kid.


It bothers me because I know someday, my parents won’t be there and I don’t know how he will survive the loneliness.

I know I will be alone someday too but for some reason thinking about him being alone someday breaks my heart. I don’t know what old age has it for us. We came in this world together. We might not leave this world together. That thought just breaks my heart. I will always wonder where he is and if he is alright.

Damn, I don’t want to cry in public but the vacation blues is really hitting me.


Happy thoughts… okay. 


More days pass and I start to realise the monk life is probably for the best.


Detachment is the ultimate source of peace.


I can’t be happy knowing everything and everyone is transitory. The love I built; the relationships I have. 


I too will have to leave them someday or they will leave me.


What’s the point of all this affections and attachments when they are only going to drift apart. 


You know what B?

Let’s close the door to building attachments.


Let’s open the door to self improvement and self care.


I can’t deal with all these emotions anymore. I have to step away.


Part of the reason I am not having any kids.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

 Some thoughts. Our old generation glorified selfless acts to the point that they started calling putting themselves first as: 'selfish.'  To a certain period of time, I have also followed this pattern.  I thought taking care of me is selfish.  Where taking care of me is fundamental.  You cannot pour out of a cup, which is empty.  So pour yourself first.   I have to unlearn so many of these toxic patterns because these have made my life only miserable and problematic. I am learning that evolving is crucial for living with inner peace.  These days, I value so much about inner peace.  I'll choose it over others anytime, and it is not selfish. It is in fact for greater good.

An origin story

Dear Blog. Thank you for giving me space to write. Although in this world, where cloud technology prevails, there is no worrying about it. But hey,I, thank you for storing my thoughts. Stupid, meaningless thoughts. I assure you, I will keep coming back. I know since coming home from the residential semester, I've been a bit distracted. I've been posting things, I felt vague about. I used to write things effortlessly. I never forced myself to type up things, experiences or events. All these posts have been posted because they contributed to my daily life and I had to write them up before they slowly fade away from my memory. And some things I didn't make a post about as some things were better to be forgotten and removed from the past. Mind that. Dear Blog, I created you almost four years ago. These four years, I've kept you posted. Maybe some days. I didn't because you know why. Those days I felt blue and couldn't get up from bed. But you learned my stor...

spring is almost here

Hi B,  Season is changing. The hard days are almost over.  The city I live in has turned so beautiful, I get overwhelmed by the beauty.  Tulips are in. Cherry blossoms are blossoming.  Magnolia, Beautiful white flowers, name unknown to me.  Taking a walk out feels like a celebration of life.  It feels like I'm falling in love with the city.  I remember when I first moved here 2 years ago, the excitement and the crippling anxiety of starting a new life from scratch. Now, after 2 years, I feel a warmth and love for the place.  I don't know if I would feel the same when the winter comes though. Seasonal depression is no joke.  My new mantra for life now is to chill.  Praise the nature and find pretty little corners in the city.  Write poems.  Paint, maybe.  Seek positivity.  Love. Be kind to self. No rush. Read books. Just flow.