Skip to main content
I’m at work right now. Don’t have any tasks at hand. My mind has been wondering elsewhere for that very reason. Laziness is not my friend as I am an over thinker. 

Yesterday saw a reel on instagram where this famous philosopher said, we often times find ourself feeling negative emotions due to self centered attitude and also we take situations as it appear to us. Nothing is as it appears.

It made sense to me as I seem to have this tendency to take things negatively at first. Nothing comes to me in simple manner. 

I am getting married in almost 2 months and not a day goes by without me hyperventilating.

I understand that love is something we have to work for; it is not always going to free flow. Happy ending is not marriage. Infact, actual hardship comes after marriage.

I believe in us, I truly do. However, somedays I find myself wondering if love is enough. I get critical on days he doesn’t text much or call. Our long distance actually survives on these texts/calls so it bothers me when I don’t see his name pop up on my screen.

It doesn’t stroke me as ‘he might be busy.’
It strokes me as ‘maybe he doesn’t love me anymore’ and I get so self critical and that’s actually unfair.

If our love was that fragile should we even come this far?

I try to understand the verbal cues he leaves me. We both had conversations that weren’t necessarily ‘fun.’
However, life is not instagram highlights. 
I do get carried away sometimes with this impossible expectation that sparks will always be there in a relationship. I have a history of jumping from one connection to another in search of sparks and desire. 

This honestly fears me- our relationship dying out. 
I have to face it as originally a relationship is not supposed to be always at its peak. This is not a romcom situation. This is real life and it is often ugly.

One thing that pain has taught me is that: if you break, you are also rebuildable and also rebuildable into a better version.

The time we once broke up, every day I was miserable but I eventually could think about another person. It made me see what I was missing and what I wouldn’t settle for. It made me brave. It made me realise how much I could take. 

It is wonderful to have someone to pour all the love to but it is inevitable that you don’t neglect yourself in the process.

My reaction to him being a bit distant would be to be kind to myself and get busy with something. Being self critical at this point is counterproductive. 

It felt good to share my thoughts. I may have to go back now.

x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

spring is almost here

Hi B,  Season is changing. The hard days are almost over.  The city I live in has turned so beautiful, I get overwhelmed by the beauty.  Tulips are in. Cherry blossoms are blossoming.  Magnolia, Beautiful white flowers, name unknown to me.  Taking a walk out feels like a celebration of life.  It feels like I'm falling in love with the city.  I remember when I first moved here 2 years ago, the excitement and the crippling anxiety of starting a new life from scratch. Now, after 2 years, I feel a warmth and love for the place.  I don't know if I would feel the same when the winter comes though. Seasonal depression is no joke.  My new mantra for life now is to chill.  Praise the nature and find pretty little corners in the city.  Write poems.  Paint, maybe.  Seek positivity.  Love. Be kind to self. No rush. Read books. Just flow.
 Some thoughts. Our old generation glorified selfless acts to the point that they started calling putting themselves first as: 'selfish.'  To a certain period of time, I have also followed this pattern.  I thought taking care of me is selfish.  Where taking care of me is fundamental.  You cannot pour out of a cup, which is empty.  So pour yourself first.   I have to unlearn so many of these toxic patterns because these have made my life only miserable and problematic. I am learning that evolving is crucial for living with inner peace.  These days, I value so much about inner peace.  I'll choose it over others anytime, and it is not selfish. It is in fact for greater good.

long distance again

 I came back from my trip. It was amazing 2 weeks of my life. Seeing him again after so long felt strange yet peaceful. I finally got to be in his arms again. 2 weeks flew by and now I am back home and back to work and normal hustle and bustle of life.  He got an extension offer and decided to stay for another 3 months. It is sad because he was supposed to be back next month. He asked me if he should take it and despite having my heart aching I supported him in the decision. It is not confirmed yet but he probably be staying another 3. Another 5 months of long distance. How am I going to survive the winter by myself? I don't know. Honestly, in my heart, I don't care about how much compensation he be getting. I miss him so much and this long distance thing is killing me inside. Today is Friday night and instead of cuddles and movie, I am home alone. No plans to look forward. No one to talk to. I am the loneliest girl on earth right now. He is probably sleeping and not picking u...