Skip to main content

 

After a month of feeling numb, I've started to feel things again.

I went shopping today. Today was different because 1. I knew what I wanted for myself 2. I made a list prior to going shopping 3. I was bold about what I wanted.

Guess what, I managed to avoid buyer's remorse. However, I did buy a pair of jean's that wasn't a good fit. I can fix that though. Just needs a little stitching, that's all.

I learned from this experience that it is so much better when you make a list of things you want and stick to it. I can apply to selecting a partner as well. Of course, it will not be like a shopping list. It will create a sense of qualities that I look for and will not negotiate or settle for less. We are human beings and I may not get a perfect partner but I have to see if the person has some qualities that outweighs that bad ones and I can make a deal without having to compromise too much. 

Like that pair of jeans I bargained for. It is not a perfect fit. However, the fabric and color is good and I can make some minor changes and work it out.

Today, I told my mother about marriage. The guy I was talking with made some sexist remarks. I cannot be with a guy or even think about future, who thinks of women as inferior. It is a non-negotiable. I will not tolerate it and definitely I don't see a future here of us. Now, I don't know if that was his cranky mood or usual self. We all make bad judgments sometimes. I think I am more attracted to people who leaves room to change and improve. Honestly, I was really shocked when he made that remark. I really thought highly of him. I have not met him though. 

All this month I thought, I am the issue. I always do that. Now I know, it's just not a good match. Something is clearly off here. I must recognize the red flags and go for the exit. The last thing I would want is getting into a dysfunctional relationship just because of the societal pressure and parent's olden days thoughts. This is my life and I know what I want. At least, I am making an effort to figure it out. I don't owe anyone anything. Nobody is going to get benefitted from my marriage. I have to make sure the person I am going to start a family with is a good person, is a kind person, is a humble person, is a genuine person and makes time for me.

I've thought a lot of things. I cried. I went numb. I worked my ass off. I did soul searching and it is still on. These days, I yearn for genuine relationships and care less about materialistic things. I opened my dating profile again. I think it is important that I don't sit around waiting for love to fall into my lap. I should see people. I should meet people. It is better that way. My parents have been understanding lately. I wouldn't say they are agreeable all the time but they started to give me less bullshit. So I guess that is my opening.

I guess  I needed some sad days to finally find my beat.

 

Will miss you old friend.

I will try to update you soon on my life. Till then, sayonara.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

spring is almost here

Hi B,  Season is changing. The hard days are almost over.  The city I live in has turned so beautiful, I get overwhelmed by the beauty.  Tulips are in. Cherry blossoms are blossoming.  Magnolia, Beautiful white flowers, name unknown to me.  Taking a walk out feels like a celebration of life.  It feels like I'm falling in love with the city.  I remember when I first moved here 2 years ago, the excitement and the crippling anxiety of starting a new life from scratch. Now, after 2 years, I feel a warmth and love for the place.  I don't know if I would feel the same when the winter comes though. Seasonal depression is no joke.  My new mantra for life now is to chill.  Praise the nature and find pretty little corners in the city.  Write poems.  Paint, maybe.  Seek positivity.  Love. Be kind to self. No rush. Read books. Just flow.
 Some thoughts. Our old generation glorified selfless acts to the point that they started calling putting themselves first as: 'selfish.'  To a certain period of time, I have also followed this pattern.  I thought taking care of me is selfish.  Where taking care of me is fundamental.  You cannot pour out of a cup, which is empty.  So pour yourself first.   I have to unlearn so many of these toxic patterns because these have made my life only miserable and problematic. I am learning that evolving is crucial for living with inner peace.  These days, I value so much about inner peace.  I'll choose it over others anytime, and it is not selfish. It is in fact for greater good.

long distance again

 I came back from my trip. It was amazing 2 weeks of my life. Seeing him again after so long felt strange yet peaceful. I finally got to be in his arms again. 2 weeks flew by and now I am back home and back to work and normal hustle and bustle of life.  He got an extension offer and decided to stay for another 3 months. It is sad because he was supposed to be back next month. He asked me if he should take it and despite having my heart aching I supported him in the decision. It is not confirmed yet but he probably be staying another 3. Another 5 months of long distance. How am I going to survive the winter by myself? I don't know. Honestly, in my heart, I don't care about how much compensation he be getting. I miss him so much and this long distance thing is killing me inside. Today is Friday night and instead of cuddles and movie, I am home alone. No plans to look forward. No one to talk to. I am the loneliest girl on earth right now. He is probably sleeping and not picking u...