Skip to main content

 I turned 25 today. 

I don't know how much different my life will be like this year. A lot of changes for sure. 

I just hope I survive with my loved ones beside me.

A very difficult time, from 2020 onwards. Life just went upside down for some people. For some people it took toll on their mental health. For some, it went just marginally good. For some, it went so bad that they just don't know how to get back on their feet again.


For me, it somehow someway, saved me. Pandemic, changed me, something shifted inside of me, but for greater good. 

I learned to pick myself up. I learned to leave my bed. I learned to sacrifice my day sleeping. I learned to positively affirm myself. I learned to love myself even at the time of hate.

I learned to forgive and forget.

I learned people are struggling and fighting their own battles. I learned that it is important to be compassionate and open hearted towards everyone without giving them the power to hurt you.

Kindness is important but being boldly kind is equally important. 

I discovered things I have in myself, things I thought never existed inside of me, while getting out of my comfort zone and trying something new. It is important to try something new. 

I am grateful that I got to see the face of 25 with the essence of self-discovering and becoming me.

At this point in my life, I know. Life is not going to be anything like planned. Maybe a little, but mostly unplanned and chaotic. And that's the beauty of it.


I like my new age. I hope this year, I get to experience so much more.


Alhamdulillah for everything. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

spring is almost here

Hi B,  Season is changing. The hard days are almost over.  The city I live in has turned so beautiful, I get overwhelmed by the beauty.  Tulips are in. Cherry blossoms are blossoming.  Magnolia, Beautiful white flowers, name unknown to me.  Taking a walk out feels like a celebration of life.  It feels like I'm falling in love with the city.  I remember when I first moved here 2 years ago, the excitement and the crippling anxiety of starting a new life from scratch. Now, after 2 years, I feel a warmth and love for the place.  I don't know if I would feel the same when the winter comes though. Seasonal depression is no joke.  My new mantra for life now is to chill.  Praise the nature and find pretty little corners in the city.  Write poems.  Paint, maybe.  Seek positivity.  Love. Be kind to self. No rush. Read books. Just flow.
 Some thoughts. Our old generation glorified selfless acts to the point that they started calling putting themselves first as: 'selfish.'  To a certain period of time, I have also followed this pattern.  I thought taking care of me is selfish.  Where taking care of me is fundamental.  You cannot pour out of a cup, which is empty.  So pour yourself first.   I have to unlearn so many of these toxic patterns because these have made my life only miserable and problematic. I am learning that evolving is crucial for living with inner peace.  These days, I value so much about inner peace.  I'll choose it over others anytime, and it is not selfish. It is in fact for greater good.

long distance again

 I came back from my trip. It was amazing 2 weeks of my life. Seeing him again after so long felt strange yet peaceful. I finally got to be in his arms again. 2 weeks flew by and now I am back home and back to work and normal hustle and bustle of life.  He got an extension offer and decided to stay for another 3 months. It is sad because he was supposed to be back next month. He asked me if he should take it and despite having my heart aching I supported him in the decision. It is not confirmed yet but he probably be staying another 3. Another 5 months of long distance. How am I going to survive the winter by myself? I don't know. Honestly, in my heart, I don't care about how much compensation he be getting. I miss him so much and this long distance thing is killing me inside. Today is Friday night and instead of cuddles and movie, I am home alone. No plans to look forward. No one to talk to. I am the loneliest girl on earth right now. He is probably sleeping and not picking u...